Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
do you have to be on all 11 hours to get it? and make 11 trips one each hour?
You don't have to be online the entire 11 hours. Trips per hour is calculated by taking your total number of completed trips in a given incentive period divided by the total number of hours that you were online.

·
Premium Member
3,744 Posts
I hate it that Big Foober only thinks drivers on the east and west coasts are the only ones who deserve to make any money.

Reactions: grams777

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I hate it that Big Foober only thinks drivers on the east and west coasts are the only ones who deserve to make any money.
Nah they flood the market with drivers .You'll make money but Uber will still win because lots of drivers just makes Uber more and some Drivers will make the guarantees but others won't. My case I'm shore so no guarantees for me . I'm sure other shore drivers might have gotten a guarantee but I'd be surprised if they did

·
Registered
7 Posts
I work Jersey Shore primarily, and I got the guarantee offer for this weekend.

There was a similar one for MDW, I think the only differences were 85% acceptance rates (instead of 90) and it was $30/hr or $35/hr (instead of $40). I hit it without any problems by just making sure I was as far east as possible and accepting pretty much everything that came my way. Even took one or two non-shore pings when they came in as I dropped someone off outside the shore zone. Ended up getting a "free" $150 or so.

Also, obviously, you want to work as little as possible, so when I started out hot, getting like 2+ rides per hour, I spent the last few hours basically hiding in plain sight. If anyone ever tipped, I would have just kept driving - but alas, no. Stayed online and went to a place where I could expect very little action, read a book for a while, then headed home. Got paid to enjoy some George RR Martin.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
uber takes their cut so its actually $32 per hour you bank if your at 80%.

Is that correct?
As per the small print, gross fares. That is correct.

I'll do the math:

Essentially Uber is offering $1056 (32 per hour X 33 hours) if you are online the entire promotion period. You need to make 90% of your pings (which includes Uber pool) and do 1 trip an hour average.

I don't work guarantees. I'd rather work my way then forced to take rides I don't want.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
As theorized over MDW, surges will be looser to make up the cost for it. There will be saturation, but if you know where to go and what to work, magic will happen.

Remember: destination filter trips don't count. Use it sparingly.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts