Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed too.

Forwarded :

http://www.theindependent.sg/child-...obinson-did-not-even-have-a-bachelors-degree/

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...or-sexually-assaulting-2-teenage/3561744.html

Once again it shows what kind of FTs are welcome ? Ask yourself if it was a Singaporean would the punishment be harsher ? We are bloody second class citizens in our own homes !

I signed the petition . To sign click here

https://www.change.org/p/4-year-jai...ce-in-singapore-for-pedophile-joshua-robinson

·
Registered
587 Posts
Microphone Human Font Spokesperson Gesture

Singaporeans only have themselves to blame. There's a 70% chance that the parents and grandparents of those girls voted for status quo (not knowing that it is a lie).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Stop to consider who you are F-ing. Each time something like this happens when local citizens are treated second class and fts are treated better, whose fault is this and what causes this? So the next time you see or hear any ah mah ah gong going to the poling booth, you better remind them that the next rape victim could be someone they know but the worst thing they could do is to lighten the sentence of the foreign assailant.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not sure what this guy's lack of educational credentials has to do with anything.

As far as what he did, I'm surprised the girls' fathers didn't just shoot him in the back, maybe most people in Singapore aren't armed and that's why he decided to do it there, instead of here.

Is he going to be deported too?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Know the difference...
The case of Oh with the 12-year old was consensual sex with a minor. He was lucky it was consensual and therefore not termed statutory rape because of mitigating factors like difficult childhood, cutting his wrists till he was permanently disabled, etc. which proves he was mentally and psychologically challenged.

The case of Robinson was sex with underaged under duress. The fact that that he wasn't a degree holder had nothing to do with it. If the girls were under 14, he would have been slapped with the longest jail term of 20 years and caned.

Imo, all such cases should be put away for a long long time. Why can't they just pay for prostitutes?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
3. Responding to public comments that "sexual assault" had occurred, AGC clarified that as the two underage girls were over 14 at the time of the sexual acts, Robinson had not committed statutory rape. Under Singapore law, having sex with a minor under the age of 14 constitutes statutory rape.

Moreover, as the two victims had consented to the sexual acts, Robinson could not be charged with rape or outrage of modesty, and therefore these were not cases of "sexual assault".

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ail-sentence-mma-instructor-underage-sex-case

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
3. Responding to public comments that "sexual assault" had occurred, AGC clarified that as the two underage girls were over 14 at the time of the sexual acts, Robinson had not committed statutory rape. Under Singapore law, having sex with a minor under the age of 14 constitutes statutory rape.
Since Robinson is an American, they should have just considered extraditing him back here. According to US law,American pervs can be prosecuted and jailed here for sex crimes committed abroad against children, regardless of whether the local laws permit it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Since Robinson is an American, they should have just considered extraditing him back here. According to US law,American pervs can be prosecuted and jailed here for sex crimes committed abroad against children, regardless of whether the local laws permit it.
He is being prosecuted and incarcerated. As a rule of thumb, American laws are more relaxed. But I like the fact that they have this 'sexual predator' list. I don't think we have this here. In the US, you have to declare to your employer or landlord that you are a sexual predator.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
He is being prosecuted and incarcerated. As a rule of thumb, American laws are more relaxed. But I like the fact that they have this 'sexual predator' list. I don't think we have this here. In the US, you have to declare to your employer or landlord that you are a sexual predator.
As a rule of thumb, particularly compared to Singapore, I think you're right.

In the US now, new law signed last year, US sex offenders have a stamp placed on their passports to give customs officials abroad a heads up. I'm not sure if Robinson will get it on his, since he was convicted outside the US.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
As a rule of thumb, particularly compared to Singapore, I think you're right.

In the US now, new law signed last year, US sex offenders have a stamp placed on their passports to give customs officials abroad a heads up. I'm not sure if Robinson will get it on his, since he was convicted outside the US.
may be he will get a different stamp with FT on top of sex offender?:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts