Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in downtown San Diego and I get a request from a profile named “2” just the number 2. Anyway I pull up and there are 5 people. 4 get in the car and the guy left outside try’s and play the “oh there’s no more room guys it’s okay I’ll order my own” card to his friends. They all then look at me with some puppy eyes like I give a damn. Lmao CANCELED. and don’t let the door hit ya on the way out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
im in downtown San Diego and I get a request from a profile named "2" just the number 2. Anyway I pull up and there are 5 people. 4 get in the car and the guy left outside try's and play the "oh there's no more room guys it's okay I'll order my own" card to his friends. They all then look at me with some puppy eyes like I give a damn. Lmao CANCELED. and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
You did the right thing, but this is what I would do from my end. Usually I would politely tell them that my sedan could only fit 4 and if they presist a couple more times or act like a jerk about it, than I would immediately cancel.

Never had an incident yet where they had refused to get out. Be careful out there and safe driving.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
I had 4 pax get in the car and it was one chick and three super big Samoan dudes! :eek:

Like literally the car lowered like we were all in a low rider. The girl was annoyed because they were all packed in like sardines and she accused them of being too cheap to get an XL. One of the guys objected because there were four of them and everybody had a seat belt plus "Lyft says up to four people can ride." :confused:

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Went up to pick up tonight.

7 people huddled up smoking. (I’m on x)

They all look over, I look back they all look back down still smoking.

At 2:50 I start rolling and one chases after me.

Luckily nice long road.

Cancel no show.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you have enough seats then you can give them the ride. Afterwards if you contact Uber and tell them that you gave 5 passengers a ride then they will adjust the fare to an Uber XL. I've done that with all of those types of trips.

·
Banned
2,772 Posts
im in downtown San Diego and I get a request from a profile named "2" just the number 2. Anyway I pull up and there are 5 people. 4 get in the car and the guy left outside try's and play the "oh there's no more room guys it's okay I'll order my own" card to his friends. They all then look at me with some puppy eyes like I give a damn. Lmao CANCELED. and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
Just say no to the 5iver!

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have enough seats then you can give them the ride. Afterwards if you contact Uber and tell them that you gave 5 passengers a ride then they will adjust the fare to an Uber XL. I've done that with all of those types of trips.
Bear in mind this may only happen if your vehicle qualifies for XL. If it is not an XL vehicle than you may not get the increased rate.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I had 4 pax get in the car and it was one chick and three super big Samoan dudes! :eek:

Like literally the car lowered like we were all in a low rider.
Everytime I drive for a home OSU football game I get at least one ride like this, usually it's 4 jacked bros. Had to replace the control arm assy on my PriusC because too many rides like this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had six chicks try to get in my Prius .the leader kept yelling across the street "we need three more" when there's already 3 in the car. I told her repeatedly only 1 more. She was surprised when I kicked them ALL out .Told me it's raining, you're MY Uber and you can't make me get out in the rain. "Plus I'm the bride so you just CAN'T do that to me" I said "no, Ma'am, I'm not going to make you get out in the rain, but the police will if you don't leave on your own, and I feel sorry for your future husband". Laughed my ass off as they got soaked walking back across the street.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts