Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very slow today. Worked since 8 am to 12 pm, waited at BWi for two hrs to get a ping, spent a quarter tank of gas, and made $16.

This is starting to get ridiculous.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very slow today. Worked since 8 am to 12 pm, waited at BWi for two hrs to get a ping, spent a quarter tank of gas, and made $16.

Uber Seems to be doing better than u, $5 Billion in S Class Mercedes

Reuters reports that Uber has placed a long-term order with Daimler to the tune of "at least 100,000" S-Class sedans. That, fair reader, is a car that costs something like $100,000 each, making this potentially a $10 billion deal.

Of course, Uber is probably able to take advantage of some kind of fleet pricing incentive, but still-even if the ride-hailing startup is getting the cars at $50,000 (or nearly half price), that still totals out to a $5 billion agreement.

google "Über buys mercedes" for full article

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts

you're out driving for regular rate? no money to be made there unless you drive boo coo miles

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started driving at 8pm, averaging about $50 per hour as of this moment. Started in Alexandria, got a few long runs, then a long run to DC, and consistent $10-$15 runs in NE with no traffic to navigate around. Killing it tonight!

·
Registered
420 Posts

Unless it is surging and you know it's a time when there are many incoming flights, never wait at BWI. The one exception I would make is if you are near the airport hotels and it is surging there, but that is outside the airport by a mile or so and I don't think you will get pings from there (although I did once, randomly).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts