Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to his Twitter, it looks as if it'll air during the 9 pm hour, maybe 10 pm. It'll start after the news and traffic update, around 9:07 pm.

As locals know, It's a highly-rated and respected radio station, accessible on radio in many other states and parts of Canada at night, when it's easier to pull in without interference from daytime local stations. It'll be interesting to hear how it's presented and if he'll interview a guest or "expert." on the topic, as well as hear the feelings of the general public.

Of course, rideshare lobbyists have defeated this proposal in the past, and Uber and Lyft even temporarily pulled out Austin, Texas a couple of years ago over this battle.

As stated often, fingerprints may discriminate against one of rideshare companies' targeted applicants: minority drivers, sone of whom may have unfair background issues over relatively minor issues versus some white applicants who sometimes aren't stopped or questioned for similar violations. Plus the cost to applicants and time needed to fingerprint applicants means fewer drivers available to accept pings, so rideshare companies naturally have argued against it.

His shows are usually available on podcasts a day or two later.

Not sure if the proposal is for MA rideshare drivers or a national model.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
According to his Twitter, it looks as if it'll air during the 9 pm hour, maybe 10 pm. It'll start after the news and traffic update, around 9:07 pm.

As locals know, It's a highly-rated and respected radio station, accessible on radio in many other states and parts of Canada at night, when it's easier to pull in without interference from daytime local stations. It'll be interesting to hear how it's presented and if he'll interview a guest or "expert." on the topic, as well as hear the feelings of the general public.

Of course, rideshare lobbyists have defeated this proposal in the past, and Uber and Lyft even temporarily pulled out Austin, Texas a couple of years ago over this battle.

As stated often, fingerprints may discriminate against one of rideshare companies' targeted applicants: minority drivers, sone of whom may have unfair background issues over relatively minor issues versus some white applicants who sometimes aren't stopped or questioned for similar violations. Plus the cost to applicants and time needed to fingerprint applicants means fewer drivers available to accept pings, so rideshare companies naturally have argued against it.

It is being proposed in the MA legislature.

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts

Foolish arguments, however I want pax to be fingerprinted too along with their credit card.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I welcome rules or regulations that create more hassle for hungry out of control ants population.
Boston market is saturated with tons of ants. Too many uber cab drivers. There are many illegals who driver on someone else account. This ride sharing industry is wild wild west. All those corrupt politicians caved in 2016 for uber payback.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I welcome rules or regulations that create more hassle for hungry out of control ants population.
Boston market is saturated with tons of ants. Too many uber cab drivers. There are many illegals who driver on someone else account. This ride sharing industry is wild wild west. All those corrupt politicians caved in 2016 for uber payback.
Secretly I do to since I have nothing to hide but I am an instagator so I must keep with my tradition.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I've been asking for this for a long time... I hope it gets done.
I've also been asking for a long time for you to make good on your promise of a steak dinner at the Capital Grill, but that doesn't seem like that will ever happen either.

Reactions: Shmo313

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Who is going to do the fingerprinting and run background?

I imagine BPD does it for the taxis but I cant see them wanting to deal with 70k rideshare drivers.

Run it through DOT?..........and then they'll want medical cards next ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.