Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this week, you may get a third uberPOOL pickup request during a trip. Frankly speaking, I find pooling to be a waste of my time especially because it happens during friday/sat price surge times. It helps the rider and uber at the expense of the driver. Why again would I wan't to do this? It doesn't help me in any way.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Agreed. If it doesn't pay us at least 1-2 dollars extra or enter us into a ****ing raffle or something then Uber can just **** right the hell off!! Tired of them using us for their creative ploys that are totally one sided!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I understand avoiding POOL during a surge, if POOL request does not pop up with surge, but other than that doesn't the prospect of a longer ride make POOL more attractive than a regular Uber X job? I thought the driver pay was the same as an X job.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I understand avoiding POOL during a surge, if POOL request does not pop up with surge, but other than that doesn't the prospect of a longer ride make POOL more attractive than a regular Uber X job? I thought the driver pay was the same as an X job.
Nope, a single pool rider pays 20% less than an x rider. Guess who gets to eat the difference?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Again, maybe I misunderstood the communications from Uber , but if it is a single POOL rider in Austin they don't get a discount...only if a second pax is picked up. I did a Pool ride a few weeks ago that ended outside the downtown area (SW parkway) and the final fare was pretty high.
You understood the wording of Uber's lies perfectly. The truth is in the mathematics. I verified this with a single rider pool ride. Checked distance and total fare. I then did the math. I took distance × rate + $1.10. The numbers didn't equal what I was paid.
I also get email alerts as a pax. Uber pool riders get a 20% discount even if they end up with no additional riders. I didn't believe it either, but another member of the forum encouraged me to check the math. So, of course the only party that suffers in this one sided, abusive "partnership" is the driver.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I emailed them a few weeks ago, the response is below

R(Uber)

Jul 20, 10:17

Hi J,

Happy to help explain! The final fare you see at the end of your uberPOOL trip will be your gross total for the whole ride. It includes the time you spent from the time you picked up your first rider to the time you make your final drop off, and both riders split that fare. It will looks as two separate fares, one right after the other, in your dashboard.

On a normal uberX trip, you would pick up and drop off your first rider and then wait for a second pickup to begin. With uberPOOL, you will be getting paid for that time you spend on your way to pick up the second rider.

I hope this helps make uberPOOL pricing clearer! Please let me know if I can help further.

Best,

R

I followed that up with a question about the fare if it was a single rider that didn't get paired up. Here's the response to that question.

R(Uber)

Jul 20, 11:50

Hey J,

Happy to help! Correct! If there is no second rider (no match made) then the solo rider will pay the regular uberX rate.

However, after I went back to a pool ride that had no match, I double checked what the fare was and it was
$19 and normally would have been $24.

We beat this topic to death in a thread called uberpool, feel free to go through it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Again, maybe I misunderstood the communications from Uber , but if it is a single POOL rider in Austin they don't get a discount...only if a second pax is picked up. I did a Pool ride a few weeks ago that ended outside the downtown area (SW parkway) and the final fare was pretty high.
Basically Uber POOL gets you to do 2 rides for less money. Think of it this way, you pick up a Pax #1 and drop them off. A min later you get another pax pick them up about midway from where your original pax was and drop them off 3 blocks away from 1st pax drop off. 2 diff rides and you get paid full for both rides. Now if this happens with a POOL ride you get about 1/3 LESS money then if you had done 2 separate trips.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Right. It decreases demand for drivers overall and if there is no benefit for it then we should all just never accept Uberpool rides. It adds a layer of risk and drama and time into our equation and we are rewarded for it with absolutely zero!! Sorry Uber....we aren't that stupid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.