Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed the 300 isn't on the select list and neither is my a3.

What does this mean for us drivers who are already approved on select in their vehicles. Are they going to boot is off select?

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
With all the full sized sedans on select, they may do away with the 3, C, A4 and IS's too. So many peeps driving ES which is a full size car. Could be a sign of things to come. Then they'll fill the select category up with 7, S, A8 and get rid of the 5's, A6, E and ES's. Evolution, you have to love it.

The 200 had a short lived time on the select category as well. Personally I think it has to do with the name brand. Peeps, like the idea of Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus. Sorry the Chrysler name just doesn't scream cool. Millenial's ego's are very sensitive, they have to be careful what they are seen getting out of.

The 3 series from 2013 and up are actually the size of the old 5 series, before they made the 5 series bigger. I forget what frame model it is, but a passenger explained it to me.

Someone needs to get Pashaster on this post immediately so he can take offense to it.

'300, the new UberX'

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
With all the full sized sedans on select, they may do away with the 3, C, A4 and IS's too. So many peeps driving ES which is a full size car. Could be a sign of things to come. Then they'll fill the select category up with 7, S, A8 and get rid of the 5's, A6, E and ES's. Evolution, you have to love it.

The 200 had a short lived time on the select category as well. Personally I think it has to do with the name brand. Peeps, like the idea of Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus. Sorry the Chrysler name just doesn't scream cool. Millenial's ego's are very sensitive, they have to be careful what they are seen getting out of.

The 3 series from 2013 and up are actually the size of the old 5 series, before they made the 5 series bigger. I forget what frame model it is, but a passenger explained it to me.

Someone needs to get Pashaster on this post immediately so he can take offense to it.

'300, the new UberX'
Optimus Uber I guess Pashaster won't be happy at all now that they boot his 300. We've been telling him for a while 300 is NOT luxury lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I noticed the 300 isn't on the select list and neither is my a3.

What does this mean for us drivers who are already approved on select in their vehicles. Are they going to boot is off select?
I would stay away from asking, if you still have access to Select. Asking about it may alert them to take you off of Select, hey maybe that's what you are looking for.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would stay away from asking, if you still have access to Select. Asking about it may alert them to take you off of Select, hey maybe that's what you are looking for.
That's what I figured. I have a buddy on select who drives a 300 and he emailed csrs asking if there was something wrong with his select profile (he's new to this) since he gets so few pings. The response was a csr telling him he only qualifies for x and pool lol but he's still receiving select rides. When he showed me the email and the list I realized my car isn't on there either.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm hoping they take me off it
You may already know this but, FYI you can have multiple accounts that can be set up to what types (UberPool, UberX, UberXL, UberSelect) of rides you would like to receive. In my case I have 2 accounts for the same car, one receives UberPool, UberX and UberSelect the second account only receives UberSelect.

·
Registered
290 Posts
With all the full sized sedans on select, they may do away with the 3, C, A4 and IS's too.
Shit, I just got approved for an Audi A4.

On the bright side, it's going to be much cheaper than this $2,000/month lease I've been slaving under for the past 5 months.

Funny how you don't even need a 600 credit score for Uber leasing to be out of the question.
A few months with a secured credit card and making some payments on the student loans did the trick. :D

Then they'll fill the select category up with 7, S, A8 and get rid of the 5's, A6, E and ES's.
And then Uber Lux will be Bentleys & Rolls Royces only. Either that or extinction from riffraff outbreeding fine taste. :rolleyes:

Evolution, you have to love it.
Idiocracy. Nuff said. ;)

'300, the new UberX'
Once upon a time, UberX was more expensive than Uber Select is now.
My, how the rideshare economy has plummeted to 3rd world status... :(

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
That's crazy since UberSelect is not even on par with cab fare. Limo companies even use a 300 for airport car service yet Uber thinks they're too good for it. I still drive one on Black here in Atlanta. It's only a matter of time before they kick me out, yet Uber has such stupid requirements for the peanuts they pay out...even on Black.

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
That's crazy since UberSelect is not even on par with cab fare. Limo companies even use a 300 for airport car service yet Uber thinks they're too good for it. I still drive one on Black here in Atlanta. It's only a matter of time before they kick me out, yet Uber has such stupid requirements for the peanuts they pay out...even on Black.
Put in some leather seats with a Chrysler and Bam - they think it's luxury car haha 300 picks me up on select I'm cancelling

·
Registered
421 Posts
With all the full sized sedans on select, they may do away with the 3, C, A4 and IS's too. So many peeps driving ES which is a full size car.
I donno man, I get a lot of compliments on my C-Class and many confused drunks asking me if this is an S-Class, then being pleasantly surprised that it's only a C. They also complain about getting Lexus ES' and prefer my car. I donno, it's all personal preference, but I don't know how an S-Class (or E-Class) can survive on Select only rates.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts