Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After not seeing a promotion for months prior ,this is the 3rd straight week I received a promo. Also watching app and noticing more surges than in recent weeks (even tho I have not drove at all in the last week) . Wondering if a lot of drivers have reached some sort of breaking point with uber and have seek other sources of income like I have . Thoughts?

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
After not seeing a promotion for months prior ,this is the 3rd straight week I received a promo. Also watching app and noticing more surges than in recent weeks ( even tho I have not drove at in the last week) . Wondering if alot of drivers have reached some sort of breaking gpoint with uber and have seek other sources of income like I have . Thoughts?
Good luck on that.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
After not seeing a promotion for months prior ,this is the 3rd straight week I received a promo. Also watching app and noticing more surges than in recent weeks ( even tho I have not drove at all in the last week) . Wondering if alot of drivers have reached some sort of breaking gpoint with uber and have seek other sources of income like I have . Thoughts?
I quite agree. I have been back to back rides the last few weeks. It must be more then just higher demand. Perhaps a good chunk of the newbies that signed on in dec/Jan gave up. The return of surge also suggests less drivers then before. This week the promo I was offered changed to require 5 fewer rides for $5 less. If it stayed like this I would be quite content.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I quite agree. I have been back to back rides the last few weeks. It must be more then just higher demand. Perhaps a good chunk of the newbies that signed on in dec/Jan gave up. The return of surge also suggests less drivers then before. This week the promo I was offered changed to require 5 fewer rides for $5 less. If it stayed like this I would be quite content.
We are in season, the back to back rides will continue until June then the you will all starve fighting for scraps and I head North.

Reactions: Freebyrdie

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
We are in season, the back to back rides will continue until June then the you will all starve fighting for scraps and I head North.
Back to back rides till June works for me. I'll be in my RV heading north for a nice long road trip north too! I'm going to Oregon and Washington...how about you?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Back to back rides till June works for me. I'll be in my RV heading north for a nice long road trip north too! I'm going to Oregon and Washington...how about you?
I am not sure yet, my boss in Anchorage has not confirmed this year so I may just head to Reno again.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I really like Reno. So close to my beloved Sierras. Do you rideshare in Reno?
I do party bus and ride-share in Reno. The work in Reno is not consistent so I just fill in the gaps with ride-share.

Reactions: Freebyrdie

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
For us it's California, Utah and Nothern Arizona in our 5th wheel with the Harley in the cargo area. Nice thing about being retired and a ride share driver. Steady income 12 months a year from retirement and a boost 9-10 months a year from ride share. Plus the ability to take off and travel when I want without having to ask a boss for the time off.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I'll be in Mexico for two weeks in June, threatening to put strychnine in the guacamole if they salt the rim of my drink. After I come back, I'll slog the residentials for limited hours and take my chances in the tourist corridor on Friday and Saturday night. If that doesn't pan out, I'll spend time with my fam so they remember I live there.

I do party bus and ride-share in Reno. The work in Reno is not consistent so I just fill in the gaps with ride-share.
I couldn't do rideshare in Reno. Those sketchy methheads downtown would burn me out. If I could stick with Caughlin Ranch, Galena, etc., it wouldn't be a bad gig.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
After not seeing a promotion for months prior ,this is the 3rd straight week I received a promo. Also watching app and noticing more surges than in recent weeks ( even tho I have not drove at all in the last week) . Wondering if alot of drivers have reached some sort of breaking gpoint with uber and have seek other sources of income like I have . Thoughts?
I took an Uber when I went out on the town Saturday night. First driver, after I told him I drive for Uber too, asked me what I thought about the decline in business lately. I said what decline in business. He said haven't you heard that there's been a decline in Uber business lately. I said that hasn't been my experience, I get steady business all night long when I drive. Don't know where he got his info from.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'll be in Mexico for two weeks in June, threatening to put strychnine in the guacamole if they salt the rim of my drink. After I come back, I'll slog the residentials for limited hours and take my chances in the tourist corridor on Friday and Saturday night. If that doesn't pan out, I'll spend time with my fam so they remember I live there.

I couldn't do rideshare in Reno. Those sketchy methheads downtown would burn me out. If I could stick with Caughlin Ranch, Galena, etc., it wouldn't be a bad gig.
The meth heads stay away from ride-share, I think it is the paranoia and the fact that many of the police drive ride-share in their down time. Seems like half the rides are to / from the airport. I don't do night-shift because there are really no kicks up there. Trying to get in with the timeshares but they don't seem to be as hungry as they are in Vegas.
I took an Uber when I went out on the town Saturday night. First driver, after I told him I drive for Uber too, asked me what I thought about the decline in business lately. I said what decline in business. He said haven't you heard that there's been a decline in Uber business lately. I said that hasn't been my experience, I get steady business all night long when I drive. Don't know where he got his info from.
Probably just doing it wrong...

·
Registered
151 Posts
March madness buddy. And that's all that matters. Every hotel will be sold out every sports book filled and people flush with cash they plan on burning

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually came to the forums with the same questions as the OP. I usually don't have much of a wait time between rides but what I've noticed is the mass increase in surge and in random areas. Southern hills has been popping off a lot lately along with Summerlin. The strip is almost 24/7 surge now which has been nice as I have always avoided it like the plague, unwilling to spend 25 minutes from one hotel to the other for a whopping 7 bucks.

They really need to up the wait time cost, a 30 minute traffic jam shouldn't be half the cost of a 30 minute drive. Gas isn't that much :p

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I actually came to the forums with the same questions as the OP. I usually don't have much of a wait time between rides but what I've noticed is the mass increase in surge and in random areas. Southern hills has been popping off a lot lately along with Summerlin. The strip is almost 24/7 surge now which has been nice as I have always avoided it like the plague, unwilling to spend 25 minutes from one hotel to the other for a whopping 7 bucks.

They really need to up the wait time cost, a 30 minute traffic jam shouldn't be half the cost of a 30 minute drive. Gas isn't that much :p
Yes, I've always found a ride out of Southern Highlands, and Mountain's Edge for that matter.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I personally found this past weekend slower than typical. I still made $850 in 3 days but it took 32 hours. I only got the lovely chime and notification that a ride was added to my queue 3 times all weekend, but I was often goven rides before I left an area.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I personally found this past weekend slower than typical. I still made $850 in 3 days but it took 32 hours. I only got the lovely chime and notification that a ride was added to my queue 3 times all weekend, but I was often goven rides before I left an area.
Do you drive XL or Select only? I had rides added to my queue all weekend and most of the week, and ended up with only $750 (fares + Lyft App tips) in 39 hours

1 - 20 of 32 Posts