Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Wow! From the title I first thought an Uber driver saw the suspects flee the scene of a crime. Lucky the gun was just a replica and the driver didn't get shot during the crime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is the Uber Hero, the driver who was robbed at gunpoint in Hermosa Beach, California and I chased the bad guys down and caught them with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Sheriff. This happened before I even took my very 1st trip on the job. I was activated at 1:05 a.m. and on or about 1:20 a.m. I became a U target of an armed robbery all because of the U sticker affixed on my windshield.

I wish I could go more into the details but the facts of the matter is Uberdefrauded me from the get-go by mistakenly categorizing my Vehicle as UberX when it was supposed to be XL. I go into the Office on last Tuesday to bring up my concerns (freezing app, issues w/ riders, $100 Visa Card, $150 Bonus) and not hearing back from them after I notified them of me being the driver as well as my list of serious concerns.

I got a parking ticket because representative Rachel would not allow me to go put change in the meter. Before I left that day I was activated for UberX and UberXL accounts that I could toggle back and forth between. I didn't take a trip that day. The next day Thursday I attempted to go online and got error message "Your Driver Account has not activated", oh really?

Only after 3 days of working I was deactivated with only 25 Trips and a rating of 4.16 because they said I fell below the threshold when only the day prior I was informed New Drivers are not to be counted against them for first 150 trips.

Every single thing that was told to me by Uber from the $100 Visa Card, 10th Trip $150 Bonus and so much more were all lies!

I'm in complete dismay regarding my experience of the unprofessionalism of Uber, their Los Angeles Office located off Westwood, their P.R. department and Corporate HQ.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the Uber Hero, the driver who was robbed at gunpoint in Hermosa Beach, California and I chased the bad guys down and caught them with the assistance of the Los Angeles County Sheriff. This happened before I even took my very 1st trip on the job. I was activated at 1:05 a.m. and on or about 1:20 a.m. I became a U target of an armed robbery all because of the U sticker affixed on my windshield.

I wish I could go more into the details but the facts of the matter is Uberdefrauded me from the get-go by mistakenly categorizing my Vehicle as UberX when it was supposed to be XL. I go into the Office on last Tuesday to bring up my concerns (freezing app, issues w/ riders, $100 Visa Card, $150 Bonus) and not hearing back from them after I notified them of me being the driver as well as my list of serious concerns.

I got a parking ticket because representative Rachel would not allow me to go put change in the meter. Before I left that day I was activated for UberX and UberXL accounts that I could toggle back and forth between. I didn't take a trip that day. The next day Thursday I attempted to go online and got error message "Your Driver Account has not activated", oh really?

Only after 3 days of working I was deactivated with only 25 Trips and a rating of 4.16 because they said I fell below the threshold when only the day prior I was informed New Drivers are not to be counted against them for first 150 trips.

Every single thing that was told to me by Uber from the $100 Visa Card, 10th Trip $150 Bonus and so much more were all lies!

I'm in complete dismay regarding my experience of the unprofessionalism of Uber, their Los Angeles Office located off Westwood, their P.R. department and Corporate HQ.
LocoGringo welcome!!!Welcome UPN F as well as Uberland.
You have to have a special luck:) to go thru as you experienced your very first days in uberland.
I hope and wish things to get better for you.

·
Registered
890 Posts
LocoGringo welcome. Sorry to hear you got deactivated. If you got contacted, or get contacted by news/media let them know what uber did to you. I'm sure they'd love to write about how uber treats its "partner drivers".

·
Banned
133 Posts
Sorry man but there is a reason why your ratings are so low that led to your deactivation. My first 20 rides with Uber, I had a 4.9 rating. Another thing, if you are going to drive late night, dont be a hero and stand outside your car smoking a cig like a boss. You are just asking for trouble. Stay inside your car, lock the door, roll your windows up and stay hidden and maybe you can live to drive another day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts