Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been told that the Katter Australia Party plans to introduce amendments to the traffic act to add points for fines previously paid for by Uber Inc.

3 points for first offence, 6 points for second offence, loss of license for 3 offence.

This could be a game changer - I only have 2 points left anyway ....
Maybe Uber will pay me for a 3 month holiday.....

Also Qld transport can refuse to renew your DA for points loss in the future .....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Reactions: g00r

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just been told that the Katter Australia Party plans to introduce amendments to the traffic act to add points for fines previously paid for by Uber Inc.

3 points for first offence, 6 points for second offence, loss of license for 3 offence.

This could be a game changer - I only have 2 points left anyway ....
Maybe Uber will pay me for a 3 month holiday.....

Also Qld transport can refuse to renew your DA for points loss in the future .....
Pretty harsh on the drivers, what I don't understand is they attack and fine the driver rather than attcking down the company.

Are these bureaucrats stupid?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Drivndad but it is the drivers who are knowingly breaking the law - we all know this - remember uber inc is only an app facilitating rider and driver ( and taking 20% for the privilege ) so therefore they are not the law breakers .. Typical uber ...

And another thing about uber fairness - their competition - GoCatch App - has just announced a revised rate for their commission payment - $1.50 per job - that's right - a flat fee of $1.50 per job regardless of length of job ... !!!
So remember next time you do any job over $8 - uber just had you again - like paying credit card interest when everything else is 6-8%....

I know Uber is behind me but I am
Not sure it is my back they have !!! Why does it hurt so much with these guys ..?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, that could be the nail in the coffin. I haven't driven since August 1st, and even if I was still driving, this would've definitely been enough to make me stop.

Do you have any links to a source on this?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi - since starting this tread, I have also read another thread by InStyle stated about a thread 'UberX points issue hots up ' - a great thread . He also links to source and republishea main article - great thread .
Same - not driving since August 1, until rates go to a reasonable level - currently very unsustainable !

·
Registered
295 Posts
the Katter Australia Party plans to introduce amendments to the traffic act to add points for fines previously paid for by Uber Inc.
Does the Kattter Party hold any seats up there? In Queensland I mean? o_O Just curious...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sorry Drivndad but it is the drivers who are knowingly breaking the law - we all know this - remember uber inc is only an app facilitating rider and driver ( and taking 20% for the privilege ) so therefore they are not the law breakers .. Typical uber ...

And another thing about uber fairness - their competition - GoCatch App - has just announced a revised rate for their commission payment - $1.50 per job - that's right - a flat fee of $1.50 per job regardless of length of job ... !!!
So remember next time you do any job over $8 - uber just had you again - like paying credit card interest when everything else is 6-8%....

I know Uber is behind me but I am
Not sure it is my back they have !!! Why does it hurt so much with these guys ..?
True, they are also complicit, encourage, entice and profit from the poor driver breaking the law. It's a pitty that the Commonwealths "Proceeds of Crime Act" doesn't include Civil matters.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uber plates - yes 2 seats - but not balance of power - if for any reason a government member - the government has 2 independents for support to pass legislation but only on supply I think - in addition the government needs to keep the Katter Party on side as it never knows when it may need their vote - nonetheless this will be a test of how successful all of the lobbying has been - if successful it may be the template in other jurisdictions ....
Uber will have to confirm
And offer legal products like black and taxi - cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts