Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out driving yesterday during afternoon/evening rush hour, a regular guarantee for consistent rides, and did not get a single ride request for 3 hours. I drove all over the West Side and into Hollywood and back down to Santa Monica, and nothing! Has anybody else been having trouble with low request volume lately?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
My first ping of the day takes place in my driveway at home. And then I let the pick-ups and drop offs take me where they go. If I end up in the bad parts of town or too remote or it gets slow, I'll drive back to the airport and work that for awhile.

Why didn't you go work LAX if you were already in Santa Monica??

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wrote about this yesterday. I also just followed it up with today with my experiences discussing it at the Uber office. Newest thread titles "Delivery Blues". At the office I was told my by sullen helper and the guy to his left that many Uber X drivers have been experiencing this in the last 24 hours. Yesterday I was in the same areas as you for the same exact 3 hours without a ping. The Uber support response was to check your phone and make sure that airplane mode and bluetooth were off and cellular data was on. It suggested restarting your phone and even a hard restart holding down both sign in and navigation buttons at the same time (you know, top and bottom if you have an iPhone). None of this helped. My helpers wanted to send me away with don't call us, we'll email you but I got them to try a reinstall which left me today with deliveries only. Not sure if this helps but you are definitely not alone on this one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was bummed, i got zero Lyft pings today and only Uber, and now enough of those to make it worth my while after 5+ hours so i called it a a day early. So i understand where your coming from...

·
Registered
88 Posts
D.J.- how do you do Uber and Lyft at the same time? Do you just go back and forth between the apps till you get someone? Curious how you manage it. Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
Many people run both apps at the same time. I have an iPhone with Lyft and an iPad with Uber. I can run them both at the same time and when I get a ping, I'll turn the other one off. You can also run both apps on your phone, but you have to be fast so you don't get two pings at the same time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's what I was wondering. Do I need a second phone? An iPad would do the trick. I do have my last iPhone I could activate I suppose if Lyft was busy enough to justify it. I sent my documents in tonight. They've kept my account ready to start for 2 years. Only asked for an update on my car insurance. Not sure where I buy my plastic moustache for the dash.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's what I was wondering. Do I need a second phone? An iPad would do the trick. I do have my last iPhone I could activate I suppose if Lyft was busy enough to justify it. I sent my documents in tonight. They've kept my account ready to start for 2 years. Only asked for an update on my car insurance. Not sure where I buy my plastic moustache for the dash.
You don't need a second phone, but it would be easier to navigate both platforms at the same time. You can try one phone and see how it works for you. The plastic moustache is being phased out for something different according to Lyft. So you'll just have to use the badge they give you for the time being.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Too bad. I got the idea that moustache lit up. I just refused their initial big fuzzy model draped over the grill and regardless of what the training video suggests, I am not going to greet any of my pax with a fist bump.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Too bad. I got the idea that moustache lit up. I just refused their initial big fuzzy model draped over the grill and regardless of what the training video suggests, I am not going to greet any of my pax with a fist bump.
It does light up which is helpful at night, but honestly mine just sits in the glove compartment. I saw a car the other day with a grill one. I applauded him for it. A couple passengers still fist bump when they get in. It always catches me by surprise haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Time for me to watch that video again. I know they are the SF based anti-Uber where we're not supposed to think of them as pax but instant friends who fist bump with us and sit in the front seat. Maybe she'll take a sip of my coke and we can share how she's rebounding after the breakup.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Time for me to watch that video again. I know they are the SF based anti-Uber where we're not supposed to think of them as pax but instant friends who fist bump with us and sit in the front seat. Maybe she'll take a sip of my coke and we can share how she's rebounding after the breakup.
I honestly just rather Lyft not approach it as that. I have passengers who just sit in the front, change the climate and radio and act like its their car. I don't like people changing my stuff. When I tell them, they act all surprised. I'll change it if you ask me, but no touchy please !

·
Registered
660 Posts
The suggested fistbumping and grill moustache steered me towards Uber but I think I'm ready to try two at a time.
Not a bad idea. Like I said, I don't use the stuff Lyft gave me. I just have the emblem and that's all :) There are some places where it's easier to get a ride on Lyft.

·
Registered
501 Posts
In my area of nwi I can go allday without a request. It suxs but it's how it goes here. I'd have to drive to Chicago. Hr away to get request..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi
D.J.- how do you do Uber and Lyft at the same time? Do you just go back and forth between the apps till you get someone? Curious how you manage it. Thanks
Hi Andy, It can be difficult, i have already had some scenarios where both apps go off at the same time, today i had just accepted an Uber, was selecting navigation and Lyft went off, i was so pissed, i ended up not acknowledging the Lyft request and got a $2.40 Uber fare, not going to do that again. Depending where i am geographically i am going to yield to Lyft and not acknowledge the Uber req if it happens again That said, i had a total of 2 lyft requests in 6.5 hours of driving today, it was Uber back to back for the entire day, all using one cell phone to take requests.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts