Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Been tracking this parenthetically the last few months, waiting to see if I would start getting destination info again. Coming to the conclusion that this is a Catch-22 style strategy on Lyft's behalf. Literally every single time I get near the score that reveals destination info, my score drops precipitously, even though no cancellations or change in 5.0 rating. Here's one recent example after only 3 days of driving:

Font Material property Screenshot Electric blue Logo
Product Purple Font Pink Violet

Reactions: Daisey77

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yeah. Now I know why you were questioning the composition of what makes up the score. In the left screen shot there is a reference to a time period ending in MAY, and also a time period from NOV-FEB. Helter-skelter.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So Daisey77, I think it was this thread where drivers were speculating what makes up the driver score. I have been running a cancellation rate of 6-8%, and my score was glued at 43%. Today my score jumped from 43 to 87%. The only change? Cancellation rate dropped to 5%

Font Screenshot Circle Electric blue Electronic device

Font Screenshot Multimedia Number Software

·
Super Moderator
13,203 Posts
So Daisey77, I think it was this thread where drivers were speculating what makes up the driver score. I have been running a cancellation rate of 6-8%, and my score was glued at 43%. Today my score jumped from 43 to 87%. The only change? Cancellation rate dropped to 5%

View attachment 651204

View attachment 651205
how do you access this info? I don't think it's in my market yet or at least I don't have it

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
how do you access this info? I don't think it's in my market yet or at least I don't have it
Tap the ellipse, tap Feedback and Rewards, tap Your Feedback.
Font Screenshot Darkness Number Terrestrial plant

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
By the way, even though my score is happy again, not seeing destinations because I am silver, not gold. And gold seems the "points" needed to hit gold is mostly based on number of trips. As a part timer, with a 3-month window to hit 1150 points I only transition to gold near the end of the period. So many of the rewards program for Lyft and Uber are out of reach for a part timer.

Lyft just notified me that the 3-month points period will soon be a 1-month points period. Fewer points to hit gold, but I will be [pleasantly] surprised if it is any easier to go for the gold however. We will see.

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

·
Premium Member
2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
2,943 Posts
The "service flags" part of this thing is particularly unfair. Lyft gives us no specific insight into what these flags are based on or how to avoid them. It's just an arbitrary penalty from the driver's perspective.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The "service flags" part of this thing is particularly unfair. Lyft gives us no specific insight into what these flags are based on or how to avoid them. It's just an arbitrary penalty from the driver's perspective.
Quite true. When I was chatting with support about this issue they flat out refused to tell me what my one service flag was. I did not want to know which rider marked me down, just what the flag was for. It makes no sense that they withhold. It's counter-productive.

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
By the way, even though my score is happy again, not seeing destinations because I am silver, not gold. And gold seems the "points" needed to hit gold is mostly based on number of trips. As a part timer, with a 3-month window to hit 1150 points I only transition to gold near the end of the period. So many of the rewards program for Lyft and Uber are out of reach for a part timer.

Lyft just notified me that the 3-month points period will soon be a 1-month points period. Fewer points to hit gold, but I will be [pleasantly] surprised if it is any easier to go for the gold however. We will see.
Apparently 1 point = 1 on trip mile and only curtain times of the day or days, like the Streak bonus.

It never seems to fail. When ever there are no Streaks I lose Gold. I lost Gold again, maybe I should complian since they sent me a medical 44 minute to pick up and 9 minute trip, ya right ! shm.... I called and they canceled. I screen shotted it and should post it. There is a Challenge this week though but I'm not doing 52 for 65$ and ending this week with 21 trips. Next week there is a Streak Mon-Fri which I can do.
Ecoregion White Map Light Product

Reactions: _Tron_

·
Super Moderator
13,203 Posts
Tap the ellipse, tap Feedback and Rewards, tap Your Feedback.
View attachment 651226
It doesn't look like we have that or I don't anyways
Font Circle Magenta Screenshot Number

View attachment 651228
I would think this is not a good thing because by the time you get your points it's time for it to reset, minimizing any "enjoyment" period for the drivers
Typical Lyft... That's the Lyft way

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

View attachment 651204

View attachment 651205
Well here's a bit more telemetry. My 87% score is back down to 48%. What was my sin?

Sub 5-Star rating? No
Service flags? No
Safety flags? No
Passenger complaint? No

Cancelled one single ride after the 5 minute time expired? Yes.

I guess its an easy guess what Lyft can do with its PINKY SWEAR finger...

Product Font Material property Screenshot Circle

Product Rectangle Font Line Material property

·
Premium Member
11,595 Posts
Did you call the Pax ? If not then that's why. Ok I see they paid you so that should not count against. Hmm...

I got three in the last two weeks? One was that 44 minute , which I called to ask for them to cancel cause it was medical trip. And how is that my fault, 44 minute, GTFO of here. Another trip was 50-60 miles past Indio, in the middle of the F'ing desert !, um no, cause now your just f'ing with my challenge bonus'. I cleaned up @ 335$ for last week.
I actually broke a new personal trip count and earnings record.

This week no Streaks until 8 or 9:15pm ya right. The Challenge is 2 less this week. So this week I go into limp mode or set DF to Orange county cause it pays better but not worth the 100 mile round trip.

Reactions: _Tron_

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Did you call the Pax ? If not then that's why.
Good thought! But in my market it wont allow you to cancel unless you call first. Actually that's not quite right. You can cancel, but you get a warning you will not receive a no-show fee. I would never skip the no-show fee, so yes, I did call. I double-checked the ride in case of brain fart and indeed there is a fee on that ride.

I am classifying this behavior in the same category of of how Uber reacts if we accept a ride but lose it when the app pops up a SOMETHING WENT WRONG message. In my locale we get to see the destination info if we accept 5 out of 10 rides. But if we accept and lose the ride due to a communications glitch it counts as a decline.

Whether the algos behave like this due to spite or apathy, I can't say. But at this point in following the breadcrumb trail of what it takes to get Lyft to reveal the destination info for a trip up front, I'm concluding it is a "Catch-22" strategy where the carrot always hovers at the end of the stick.

·
Premium Member
2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
2,943 Posts
They're currently claiming my cancel rate has spiked to 5%, which is horseshit, and I have three persistent "service flags," which, as always are completely unexplained.

I'm finding it much harder to accumulate enough points to qualify for Gold status. Their attitude now seems to be, GFY if you work during the day, during the week. I was Platinum before sitting out the Omicron surge.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts