Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just had a chat session with support go on for almost three days. It took that long just for Lyft to admit it has a glitch in its Matrix (it drastically lowers a driver's score for no reason). The problem is not solved, I just got Lyft to admit what I suspected three days ago.

If you, a) care about your driving "score", and b) saw it drop like a rock recently, you're not alone. I do care, ONLY because I stumbled into GOLD status last week. Never had even heard of it, but they gave it to me for being such a wonderful driver (I'm also thrifty, cheerful, brave, clean, and reverent). The one plus with gold is that you get to see the destination. Well, kind of. They show you the length of the trip and the compass direction. They don't actually tell you where you're going, but hey, this is Lyft, and we never even had such a thing before. So I am pretty happy. Uber and Lyft both pay the exact same mileage and time rate in my locale (that's due to Uber Prop 22 hubris discontinuing the very helpful 25% take rate and placing its drivers head back on a stake. So I took a bunch of Lyft rides last week, because the only difference between Uber and Lyft (compensation-wise) is incentives.

But after only a week the dirty SOBs took my gold status away. Because I have too many cancellations, and four "service marks". Oh, really? Funny, I did not cancel on ANYONE last week, and have rarely, IF EVER, gotten a negative feedback from a pax. So what the hell is going on?

Oh. Could it be THE PASSENGERS FROM HELL?? That's plural pax. Twice in one day, from the exact same hotel, I picked up a couple that wanted a LONG ride to the airport. Not my local airport 10 minutes away, mind you. Noooo. 100 mile drive to another airport. "Sorry folks. I can't take you to airport X. It's out of my driving range". Queue upset pax. Now I know what you're thinking.... "Tron just said he has gold status. Why did he accept a trip he didn't want?"

I didn't. In both cases the ride was queued up behind a current one, and as far as I've been able to tell, the driver doesn't get the destination info in that circumstance (just like we don't get the LONG TRIP notice on rides added to the queue.

I actually started the trip for both happy couples, offering to take them to an area where there were more Uber/Lyft cars on tap. This act of kindness was immediately punished when there were NO CARS AVAILABLE for the first set of pax, once we got to the promised land. The male, who had been quiet the whole ride (danger Will Robinson) threw a temper tantrum and dragged his luggage out of the trunk so furiously that he scratched my bumper.

Long story short, I figured both fares had inflicted as much damage as they could in the rating and feedback arena. Because a day or two later I got an email informing me I had lost gold status. And the thing is, I hadn't slipped just below the threshold. I had CRASHED. In a matter of 11 rides it dropped from 80% to 28%. WTH?

Font Material property Screenshot Technology Electronic device

They say you have to pick your fights. So I decided what the heck, I would go down this rabbit hole just to see where it leads. Whether it took contesting the negative feedback (Lyft states you can contest ONE), or discovering a glitch in the Lyft ratings Matrix, I was determined to try and get gold status back (I know, I know. Is gold status even worth it if you can't see the destination info for added rides? For now I'm saying YES, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any moment).

So by fighting this fight, strictly by typing on the tiny phone keyboard, I started a chat on Wednesday, that just ended tonight. In the midst of me repeatedly asking for answers for two days, the weekly Lyft driver feedback email came in this morning. Turned out I hadn't taken a beating from the paxes from hell after all. One single 4 star rating, and one single mild comment. My faith in human nature just went up a notch. The pax were actually from Purgatory, because they apparently came to their senses and realized I had tried my best to facilitate their ride to the airport.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Software

Here is a portion of the chat history I was able to capture. After three days, multiple support personnel, all with American sounding names, who were just "jumping in" to "take over" for their colleague, Someone finally fessed up that the Lyft ratings algo was out to lunch. More vindication for my wrongfully accused pax!

BTW - the chat refers to me by name, which is James. But don't think you know me now. I'm actually a girl. My father left home when I was 3, not leaving much to my ma and me, so before he left he went and named me James.

Font Violet Material property Pattern Magenta

Moral of the story? Apparently we need to always ask for "Tricia". She's the only one who knows the score.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have same problem with Driving score

I had 1000+ ride with LYFT, LYFT only count last 100 rides for Reviews.

I have 5.00 Star review, however my Driving score on Lyft is 48%
I ask LYFT Support why my driving score is low af....They tell me: "Oh because your last few pax give you bad review"
But weeks later, Email says All I got was 5Star reviews!!!

So I contact support again, they tell me this time "Oh, it's because your acceptance rate is low and cancellation rate"

I was like WTF really, I rarely cancel any rides.
So I ask if it because "RED FLAG" I have one.

Lyft support be like: "Ohh Red Flag doesn't affect your driving score"

At the moment, I realized those Lyft support have NO IDEA what I'm talking about...

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And I'm sure you know you can see your feedback comments in the app and your weekly feedback summary. I suppose its possible to rate a driver 5 stars (or not bother and let it default), and still leave a comment.

But of course Lyft is fouling up the scores. And frankly, I can't see to where its to Lyft's advantage to do so. Someone who manages the algo at Lyft is demented, mesu thinks. And I think they are screening support reps for childhood deviants like torturing cats or something. I mean, if you like to F with people, can't think of a better job than U/L support.

·
12,535 Posts
What the hell is a driver rating score? Is that a market specific feature?

A while back my driver rating plummeted but I had all of my weekly reports stating I had received all five star ratings. Back then they fixed it without an issue. Not sure the outcome would be the same in today's time. Lyft is trash

·
Premium Member
23,967 Posts
And I think they are screening support reps for childhood deviants like torturing cats or something. I mean, if you like to F with people, can't think of a better job than U/L support.
I don't think it's sociopaths. I think it's that they outsource the "Support" overseas.

At one point Lyft had awesome phone support with Americans in Tennessee and Orlando the times I talked to them. They actually understood English and what I was trying to say.

Last time I needed to contact Lyft "Support" there wasn't a "call us" feature.

I clicked the emergency button and was eventually connected to the "Critical Care" line. I believe the rep was in South America and spoke next to no English.

I'd imagine the chat and email "support" are in India or Philippines.

If it helps, a friend recently had an issue with Uber as a rider. She finally went full Samuel L Jackson and got results. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I wonder to. Where or how does one get to see that ?
Although I think Tron is Northern / Bay area Cali. Me south.
I just see these little Badge thingy's.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder to. Where or how does one get to see that ?
It's a weighted composite of four criteria. See below screenshot. You can tap the ellipses and then Lyft Rewards in the app to see what it says in your market. I presume they introduced it with Gold status, that let's you see the direction and duration of a ride request.

Service flags seem to be negative pax feedback (they say dirty car is the most common service flag). Safety flags are pax marking you down for unsafe driving.

Font Screenshot Darkness Astronomical object Logo

Purple Organism Font World Line

·
Premium Member
1967 Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S
2,684 Posts
Service flags seem to be negative pax feedback (they say dirty car is the most common service flag).
I've looked for, but been unable to find, any actual explanation of what "service flags" are, and I've never received any notification that one has been noted or imposed on my account. Yet, in the "Driving Score" breakdown, it always says I have two or three service flags. I don't think I've ever had a pax claim my car was dirty in the entire time I've done rideshare.

As far as the chat experience, I've been through a very similar thing with them a couple of times. If somebody set out to design a "customer support" system that was intended to simply delay and frustrate the customer until the customer decides not to waste any more time on whatever he was trying to complain about, the finished product would bear a very strong resemblance to Lyft's actual system -- which is probably no coincidence.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Thanks , I found it.

If 94% is so Amazing. What would be amazing is giving me the destination or I guess mileage and direction is enough. But one slip and it take several to get it back. The Streaks help, but in typical fashion those are going away as drivers come back. AR is 87%

I'm not trying , I just do what I do.

Reactions: _Tron_

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I've looked for, but been unable to find, any actual explanation of what "service flags" are, and I've never received any notification that one has been noted or imposed on my account. Yet, in the "Driving Score" breakdown, it always says I have two or three service flags. I don't think I've ever had a pax claim my car was dirty in the entire time I've done rideshare.
I am taking this as a service flag. It showed up in my weekly feedback email, and you can bring up a history of any positive or negative pax feedback in the app. Notice the vaguery. Did the pax mark me down because I did not greet them by name, or is that just a generic suggestion?

You may never know if a pax claimed your car was dirty because in my experience Lyft doesn't divulge such details... just a downgrade in the "car" category. Or who knows, maybe they share a 'suggestion'. Conversely, as we've seen, Lyft will let you know when a pax flagged your car as clean.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
12,535 Posts
I still don't see it but then again I'm in a different Market. Sounds like it's another one of their BS tactics. Basically a gray area where drivers can never get an actual clear-cut answer yet it affects our account and our standing as a driver. How can you have a high rating and a low driver score? You can't but you have no recourse because you don't even know what it is exactly factored into the score. Lyft is trash

@_Tron_ I know you have to be at least Gold to get direction and distance on the incoming request. However that alone doesn't get it. You also have to have an acceptance rate >90% and a cancelation rate <? . I had gold one time and I didn't have direction and distance because my percentages were not in line

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Wow, you have more patience than I do. I usually give up after the third moron and blast them on Twitter and Facebook.
Finding the right "Rohit", among the Rohits is definitely a trial and error process!, and can take 3 days +....

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I hope that whole 3 day long conversation didn’t take place while you held up the McDonald’s drive through.

·
Premium Member
9,014 Posts
Finding the right "Rohit", among the Rohits is definitely a trial and error process!, and can take 3 days +....
Even finding a good "Rohit" that can speak english properly regardless of competence is difficult to find. The spelling, grammar and syntax are almost non-existent at times. They seem to only know how to cut and paste responses from templates that don't flow and sometimes make zero sense. Good "cheap" help is definitely hard to find in most 3rd world countries.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still trying to work with support to restore my ability to see destinations. But frankly, it will only work if you turn on Last Ride for every fare. A needlessly difficult operation that I can't see where it benefits Lyft.

·
Premium Member
11,608 Posts
I just had a chat session with support go on for almost three days. It took that long just for Lyft to admit it has a glitch in its Matrix (it drastically lowers a driver's score for no reason). The problem is not solved, I just got Lyft to admit what I suspected three days ago.

If you, a) care about your driving "score", and b) saw it drop like a rock recently, you're not alone. I do care, ONLY because I stumbled into GOLD status last week. Never had even heard of it, but they gave it to me for being such a wonderful driver (I'm also thrifty, cheerful, brave, clean, and reverent). The one plus with gold is that you get to see the destination. Well, kind of. They show you the length of the trip and the compass direction. They don't actually tell you where you're going, but hey, this is Lyft, and we never even had such a thing before. So I am pretty happy. Uber and Lyft both pay the exact same mileage and time rate in my locale (that's due to Uber Prop 22 hubris discontinuing the very helpful 25% take rate and placing its drivers head back on a stake. So I took a bunch of Lyft rides last week, because the only difference between Uber and Lyft (compensation-wise) is incentives.

But after only a week the dirty SOBs took my gold status away. Because I have too many cancellations, and four "service marks". Oh, really? Funny, I did not cancel on ANYONE last week, and have rarely, IF EVER, gotten a negative feedback from a pax. So what the hell is going on?

Oh. Could it be THE PASSENGERS FROM HELL?? That's plural pax. Twice in one day, from the exact same hotel, I picked up a couple that wanted a LONG ride to the airport. Not my local airport 10 minutes away, mind you. Noooo. 100 mile drive to another airport. "Sorry folks. I can't take you to airport X. It's out of my driving range". Queue upset pax. Now I know what you're thinking.... "Tron just said he has gold status. Why did he accept a trip he didn't want?"

I didn't. In both cases the ride was queued up behind a current one, and as far as I've been able to tell, the driver doesn't get the destination info in that circumstance (just like we don't get the LONG TRIP notice on rides added to the queue.

I actually started the trip for both happy couples, offering to take them to an area where there were more Uber/Lyft cars on tap. This act of kindness was immediately punished when there were NO CARS AVAILABLE for the first set of pax, once we got to the promised land. The male, who had been quiet the whole ride (danger Will Robinson) threw a temper tantrum and dragged his luggage out of the trunk so furiously that he scratched my bumper.

Long story short, I figured both fares had inflicted as much damage as they could in the rating and feedback arena. Because a day or two later I got an email informing me I had lost gold status. And the thing is, I hadn't slipped just below the threshold. I had CRASHED. In a matter of 11 rides it dropped from 80% to 28%. WTH?

View attachment 617153

They say you have to pick your fights. So I decided what the heck, I would go down this rabbit hole just to see where it leads. Whether it took contesting the negative feedback (Lyft states you can contest ONE), or discovering a glitch in the Lyft ratings Matrix, I was determined to try and get gold status back (I know, I know. Is gold status even worth it if you can't see the destination info for added rides? For now I'm saying YES, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any moment).

So by fighting this fight, strictly by typing on the tiny phone keyboard, I started a chat on Wednesday, that just ended tonight. In the midst of me repeatedly asking for answers for two days, the weekly Lyft driver feedback email came in this morning. Turned out I hadn't taken a beating from the paxes from hell after all. One single 4 star rating, and one single mild comment. My faith in human nature just went up a notch. The pax were actually from Purgatory, because they apparently came to their senses and realized I had tried my best to facilitate their ride to the airport.

View attachment 617152

Here is a portion of the chat history I was able to capture. After three days, multiple support personnel, all with American sounding names, who were just "jumping in" to "take over" for their colleague, Someone finally fessed up that the Lyft ratings algo was out to lunch. More vindication for my wrongfully accused pax!

BTW - the chat refers to me by name, which is James. But don't think you know me now. I'm actually a girl. My father left home when I was 3, not leaving much to my ma and me, so before he left he went and named me James.

View attachment 617174

Moral of the story? Apparently we need to always ask for "Tricia". She's the only one who knows the score.
Same here. I mysteriously got given "Gold" last week even though I know I didn't qualify for it. I suspect they may have been giving it out arbitrarily and then taking it away in order to get drivers "behaviour" to improve. A kind of "here's what you're missing" thing.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Same here. I mysteriously got given "Gold" last week even though I know I didn't qualify for it. I suspect they may have been giving it out arbitrarily and then taking it away in order to get drivers "behaviour" to improve. A kind of "here's what you're missing" thing.
Seeing pax distination also doesn’t help on switcheroos…ive often accepted based on destination,only to get it switched on me

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After being promised contact from a specialized team within 24 hours, I got this email instead. Just adding insult to injury...

Gannavaram (Lyft)
Sep 29, 2021, 3:09 PM CDT
Hi Tron,

Thank you for reaching Lyft Support.

I can confirm that you are not currently part of Lyft Rewards. In order to unlock Lyft Reward tiers, drivers must maintain their points and also driving score.

Your driving score is based on your last 100 rides and takes into account cancellation and acceptance rates (not a factor in California), ratings, and passenger feedback on safety and service.

If you cancel 15 or more of your last 100 accepted rides — not including passenger no-shows — your driving score can be impacted.

You can see all available rewards and your progress toward unlocking new reward tiers in the ‘Lyft Rewards’ tab.

Appreciate your understanding and patience. If you've any concerns, please reach out to us.

Best,
Gannavaram
Lyft Support
help.lyft.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts