Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made eight $3 dollar trips tonight and at the end of it, there was a 1.5X surge which game me $4.85. I kinda feel like a minimum wage employee. This shit ain't worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There should be a minimum trip price. or UBER doesnt take any of its money.. That would be best since UBER is so concerned about the PAX and how they feel about what they pay. Only sacrifices being made here are by the drivers

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There should be a minimum trip price. or UBER doesnt take any of its money.. That would be best since UBER is so concerned about the PAX and how they feel about what they pay. Only sacrifices being made here are by the drivers
Yup. Uber is making billions on the backs of the drivers. They don't really care.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Uber X is not going to be profitable for drivers in Austin until there is a base fare of $5 just to arrive. People love Uber and would willingly pay this, and it would make it a little more bearable for the drivers who get stuck with a bunch of short trips.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Uber is never going to raise the rates or add a tipping option. Your only sensible move is to stop driving for these low rates and delete your driver app.

Otherwise you have only yourself to blame.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Uber X is not going to be profitable for drivers in Austin until there is a base fare of $5 just to arrive. People love Uber and would willingly pay this, and it would make it a little more bearable for the drivers who get stuck with a bunch of short trips.
Many cities have this. From what I can tell Austin has by far the lowest minimum rate at $2. Dallas has $3.50 and pretty much everyone else is either $4 or $5. This is something that you would have heard us talking about if any of you had attended the meeting!! :-(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Many cities have this. From what I can tell Austin has by far the lowest minimum rate at $2. Dallas has $3.50 and pretty much everyone else is either $4 or $5. This is something that you would have heard us talking about if any of you had attended the meeting!! :-(
I had a $1.77 fare today. There is NO minimum

1 - 20 of 21 Posts