Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Premium Member
Yes it does. My personal survey . Mexicans and blacks carry cash . Whites carry credit .
If a black of mexican says ill tip you in the app. Sorry no tip. If a white says this its 50 /50.
Black or mexican would tip cash . Whites on the app . This how it is here.
I do not drive enough asia or arab to know . Indians tip in the app 90 % of the time .
Indians are some of my best tippers . Sorry there are not more of them. Not kkk here. But i am speaking what i see. Ill tip you in the app ! Sure thanks a lot
well this just goes to show you that every market is indeed unique. as for the indians being the best tippers for me they are the worst 99.99 % of the time they never tip.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
well this just goes to show you that every market is indeed unique. as for the indians being the best tippers for me they are the worst 99.99 % of the time they never tip.
I'm confused how can they be best tippers for you and not tip 99% of the time too?

Premium Member
These stereotypes are unfortunately true. And, this even includes rides and food delivery. Showing gratitude for good service and tipping are non-existent in their culture.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Premium Member
How can you just 1 star everybody that tells you that. I ve had plenty of people who say they ll tip me in the app and they in fact do.
I had bunch of jerks who lied too but I am not gonna just automatically 1 star everybody and assume if you say those words, you are a lier. Besides 1 starring people especially due to an assumption brings revenge 1 star on your account that they will place once they see you did it. Remember, they can 1 star you next day. You have to decide immediately on uber ( on lyft you have about 12 hours )

So you are just messing w your account due to some classless cheap people.
Dont complicate things. Just move on to the next

Premium Member
Who cares if they tip you, or not. That remark in particular, warrants an automatic one star rating from me.
I make that remark because I don't carry cash on me and I like the driver to feel good knowing that I care about tipping them. And then I tip them. You dumb, angry folk spewing your 1 stars because you're often getting people who don't tip can get on somewhere.

Premium Member
I make that remark because I don't carry cash on me and I like the driver to feel good knowing that I care about tipping them. And then I tip them. You dumb, angry folk spewing your 1 stars because you're often getting people who don't tip can get on somewhere.
Too bad. Just shut your trap and leave the car. The driver will see your tip and send their thanks. Btw, every driver "often" sees no tip. DUHHHH!!!

Premium Member
Too bad. Just shut your trap and leave the car. The driver will see your tip and send their thanks. Btw, every driver "often" sees no tip. DUHHHH!!!
Come find me keyboard warrior and tell me to shut my trap. On the account of your snide ego, I'll be ordering black cars from here on out. In 10 years when your gig is obsolete, I'll be laughing at you. Not that you already don't make me laugh enough. How's your blood pressure hangin'?

Premium Member
Come find me keyboard warrior and tell me to shut my trap. On the account of your snide ego, I'll be ordering black cars from here on out. In 10 years when your gig is obsolete, I'll be laughing at you. Not that you already don't make me laugh enough. How's your blood pressure hangin'?
@Guido-TheKillerPimp just missed @SHalester
and he is taking it out on you because you are a troll
I dont think anyones going to miss you
when you quit ordering uberx or leave u/p
@Guido-TheKillerPimp ?

Registered
I had a guy tell me he was going to give me a big tip in the app. I told him he should never tell the driver that he is going to tip because they will automatically assume they AREN'T going to tip. He proceeds to be like "WHAAAAT? That's crazy. I always tip. Watch I'm going to do your tip right now.". He holds his phone where I can see it and starts going for the tip then suddenly says "Dude??? Which way are you going?" on a trip that is a straight beeline and starts talking about some bullshit way I should have gone. Guess who didn't get a tip.

Premium Member
It's a lie right up there with all the usuals...

"I'll call you!"

"The check is in the mail!"

"I'll pull out in time!"

Premium Member
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Ltd
I never receive tips from people who tell me they will tip me, when they exit the vehicle.
This is just a mental thing... it makes the rider feel good that he's attempting to make the driver feel even better. Most people don't tip when they say they're going to tip on the app. Although, you can never tell ...out of the blue you may get a tip... it would be unusual.

2021 Bugatti Chiron
I track every ride on a note pad and enter them into a spreadsheet. If a PAX says they will tip me in the app I put a box around the odometer reading to indicate they said this. Later on when I enter everything into my spreadsheet I find that the majority of people that say they will tip me in the app do tip me in the app. Over the years the percentage has been going up. Last I checked around 83% that said they will tip did tip.

Before I started tracking this I would have never believed it. I would have said maybe 25% follow through. I was way off and my my numbers show the truth.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts