Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,,, it said that this folder was for other, off-topic stuff....

Alien Covenant was so bad I left 20 minutes before the end. The Aliens were as gruesome as I expected, and the movie was as claustrophobic as all the other ones in this series. The tech was outstanding. The characters though were complete idiots. They all deserved what happens to them.

The idea that Earth Gov could create such a beautiful colony space ship, but then crew it with such ********, destroyed my ability to suspend my disbelief. Everything was telegraphed way before it actually happened. The only bright spot at all was that my arthritis was acting up and I walked into the theater with my cane in my right hand... The sympathetic ticket seller charged me only $5.

That did not work today tho, when I went to see WONDER WOMAN in 3D at the BTX theater. I got charged $12.50... still somewhat cheaper than a healthy 30 year old would pay... but I had hoped for better!

Wonder Woman was a much better film than Superman VS Batman. (Although nothing in the DC Universe comes close to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy). I have to say this about the 3D version... I don't know if it was worth the added cost. There were a few scenes that were definitely enhanced by the 3D effect but at no time did I feel that I could reach out and touch Wonder Woman! And the strain on my eyes from those funny eyeglasses hurt my vision for hours afterwards.

Still, when it comes to Blu Ray I will probably watch it again.
upload_2017-6-2_20-43-15.jpeg

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Never been a fan of Horror movies, even those with a SciFi component. Logic is rarely their strong point. I usually check the ratings on imdb or rotten tomatoes before paying movie theater prices. The rest I watch on my PC. Not surprised you liked Wonder Woman. Guardians 2 also supposed to be good. Also, Doctor Strange, if you haven't already seen it. For non-SciFi, John Wick 2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts