Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be Careful my fellow late night drivers... One shooting on N. Capital and New York Ave NW my dashcam May have filmed.. I was driving an XL group and as we approached N. Capital and New York we heard gunshots and saw people running and one victim laying on the ground. This was around 11:10-11:20 tonight. My dashcam caught the gunshot sounds and flashes but not sure if cops can see any more evidence in it.. I gave my info to a detective.
Cop said detective had been pulled away to another shooting on H Street. ( I assume NE).

Be careful out there.. Keep your camera rolling.. I’m definitely unnerved. It’s that intersection that has homeless shelter and people always on the corner gambling.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Be Careful my fellow late night drivers... One shooting on N. Capital and New York Ave NW my dashcam May have filmed.. I was driving an XL group and as we approached N. Capital and New York we heard gunshots and saw people running and one victim laying on the ground. This was around 11:10-11:20 tonight. My dashcam caught the gunshot sounds and flashes but not sure if cops can see any more evidence in it.. I gave my info to a detective.
Cop said detective had been pulled away to another shooting on H Street. ( I assume NE).

Be careful out there.. Keep your camera rolling.. I'm definitely unnerved. It's that intersection that has homeless shelter and people always on the corner gambling.
Be careful out there.!!!

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts

Be careful out there.. Keep your camera rolling.. I'm definitely unnerved. It's that intersection that has homeless shelter and people always on the corner gambling.
Good thing I drove in Baltimore tonight where a knife to my carotid in a botched robbery or an offer of services for a fee leading to a robbery is my only risk. Ugh. I miss Burkittsville. The risk there is me leaving the Marlboros at Rebekkah's house after the Butter Churning Festival tomorrow

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks, you were just making an honest living and you could have been a victim of random shooting.
Ya I'm trying to not think about it in that way.. but it's true... And this wasn't even in SE... This was right by a major thoroughfare.. Crazy huh...Ya I may need to get my Burkettsville groove on for a while.. Only dangers there are cows in the road or slow moving horse and buggies.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I only do 5am until 10 or 11am. The drunks have passed out, and during the week it’s people going to work or the airport, especially this early. On the weekend, like right now on Sunday at 6am, some rides of shame.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I only do 5am until 10 or 11am. The drunks have passed out, and during the week it's people going to work or the airport, especially this early. On the weekend, like right now on Sunday at 6am, some rides of shame.
Yep. I did my first 2 morning rushes in Baltimore, picking up riders in areas I would never have gone to 3 hours earlier.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
Ya I'm trying to not think about it in that way.. but it's true... And this wasn't even in SE... This was right by a major thoroughfare.. Crazy huh...Ya I may need to get my Burkettsville groove on for a while.. Only dangers there are cows in the road or slow moving horse and buggies.
Seriously tho. Thank God you are safe. You have the strangest stuff happen to you!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
This could not have happened in D.C. D.C. has gun "control".
That doesn't matter, I can buy a hundreds of guns in MD and VA that get imported into DC

There are lots of shootings in the neighborhood I worked last night, but I think I'm a bit safer then you all. The good guy with a gun to bad guy with a gun ratio is a lot better here.
In your current neighborhood they may be wearing uniforms. But in my neighborhood how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Easy: 1 question) Are you a bad guy?
If yes, the good guys are the ones pointing their guns at you.

If no, then the bad guys are the ones pointing their guns at you.
No, no, no; The question is how can you tell the good guys for the bad guys. If two good guys are pointing guns at each other who is the bad guy? etc, etc. This is the problem, Those good guy bad guy slogans work well on TV, but in real life, not so well.

There are a lot of "good guys" with guns that are having their lives ruined because they think they are confronting bad guys.

Reactions: koyotemohn

·
24,504 Posts
And this wasn't even in SE...
It ain't gotta' be no SE, or no NE, either. I can take you to more than one place in NW or SW where it ain't none too peaceful like. Conversely, I can take you to some places in NE or SE that rival Spring Valley.

I once picked up a middle aged black lady eastbound on Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E. on the Hill. She boarded, gave me an address around Texas and Pennsylvania and was shoving a ten dollar bill in my nose while telling me that it was a nice neighbourhood and nothing about which to worry. I informed her that not only was I aware of that, but, as I was looking to buy a house in the City at the time, I was somewhat disappointed that I could not afford either of the two houses that I knew were for sale in that neighbourhood. She seemed relieved that I knew all of that, but, she still insisted that I take the ten dollar bill before we got too far. The fare, at the time, was six dollars and change, so it was a pretty good tip. She did express surprise that a driver for my company knew something about East of the Water,

That doesn't matter, I can buy a hundreds of guns in MD and VA that get imported into DC
...............but you don't understa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-nnnndddd.................gun "control" STOPS gun violence................why would we have it if it did not?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I
...............but you don't understa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-nnnndddd.................gun "control" STOPS gun violence................why would we have it if it did not?
I know it doesn't... but I think arming everyone that lives in such close proximity like cities, is not any better. I can truly understand remote areas and the need for additional protection.

Reactions: koyotemohn

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seriously tho. Thank God you are safe. You have the strangest stuff happen to you!
Ya seriously.. and if you look at the news today ( hafta google DC shooting- Washington Post Online is Only one that mentions the other shooting that happened last night). Says it was on Queens Chapel Rd. NE and they are investigating it as justifiable homicide/ self- defense. Anyway that 2nd shooting happened around the time I was dropping off the XL group that had been in the van for the 1st shooting ( New York & N. Capital NW). Says it happened around 12 midnight which was the time I pulled over behind Echostage reviewing my dashcam video. Cops cruised by the area several times and even looked in on me in the van but must have seen I was just watching the video.

The detective called me back this morning and I was able to email him the link to my dashcam footage.. He said it was very useful.. They probably have traffic cam footage as well since that is a problem corner (traffic & crime-wise).
Shooting I drove by isn't in the news as of yet... Maybe they are waiting until they have more info.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts