Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
They do not....I had custoemrs call me saying im going the wrong way when im on the way to a first drop off...so I need to explain that 'uber grouped the order together with another and i am unable to choose whom I go to first as ubeers system sets that up"

I blame it on Uber...so far everybdy seems to understand lol
Double orders are not bad when both orders are picked up at the same restaurant. But two orders from two separate restaurants is a PIA — extra drive time, longer wait for the first customer. And it’s hard to decipher on the order card that pops up when a double order is from one or two restaurants.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
It shows a whole map and everything the customers aren't left in the dark some are just stupid and/or ****. I was ordering often for awhile and almost all my orders were stacked (I did not care). I only accept doubles that are close and going to the same neighborhood. Yesterday, I got a complete psycho, double pick up same restaurant total distance 1.4 miles $18.xx payout. Both orders are ready , for whatever reason it had me pass drop off 2's location and deliver the larger order first, I drop off the first order close it out , order 2 pops up .04 miles away same neighborhood, I see a text from the guy "Do you know where you are going" reply back yes , just dropped off 1st order will be at your place in 3 minutes another text "you drove past my house" , anyways I'm already pulling up in his driveway literally 3 minutes away from drop off 1 , it's leave at door but there's an old man all red in the face standing on the porch, "why the F did you drive by my house" I'm thinking he's probably just kidding, I try to explain again there's no way for me to see the exact address blah blah, "well you should tell them" and snatches his food waddles back into his house, thumbs down within seconds, an hour later his generous $1.70 tip removed. I looked him up , the dude is 80 years old owns a restaurant in town (a crappy one) AND was involved with all these tech companies back in the 80's &90's so the *** knows how to use the app he was just looking for something to * about. There was a whole write up on him about how great he is blah blah but these people act very different when it's not a camera or reporter in their faces. I returned the favor and left a nice review online about his restaurant now it's down to 3.5 stars.
How did you look him up? From his UberEats name?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I've ordered on Uber eats as a customer and when the driver is doing another delivery it shows the stop and where the driver is going on the map. The other drop offs for me have always been rather close to my apartment so it doesn't really bother me.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Double orders are not bad when both orders are picked up at the same restaurant. But two orders from two separate restaurants is a PIA — extra drive time, longer wait for the first customer. And it’s hard to decipher on the order card that pops up when a double order is from one or two restaurants.
I do these all the time. It's not my job to route the deliveries so if it causes one person to wait that's on Uber or the restaurant not me. I would still always rather do a double than a single. Like everyone I prefer much to have both pickups at the same restaurant. I don't think they are anymore work than 2 single orders. In fact its the same amount of work except they generally have you driving 2 orders in the same direction. Certainly not always but if it's busy it enables me to crank out more orders, which is the name of the game.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
It is nice that Uber started showing both restaurant names in the ping. Before they would only show you one of the restaurants. Yes occasionally you will have a pickup where one order causes the other customer to have colder food. But a lot of the time both orders are ready, especially if you know your market and which restaurants to avoid due to the orders not being ready a lot of the time. Also being cognizant of when restaurants are slammed and when they tend to be slower is helpful in ping selection.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts