Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when a order is placed the customer can see where you are just like in Uber. What does the customer see when there is 2 and 2? Sometimes I go to pick up at the first restaurant and there is a delay or perhaps at the second. I would be asking what is that uber eats driver doing at that other resturant just sitting there. Or why is that deliver driver driving over there when I am clearly not there. Does Uber tell them it's a 2 and 2? Feel kind of silly telling customer 1 that there is a delay with customer 2s order while their food gets cold. I will cancel any order that's not ready very soon after arriving if it's not ready and it is a double.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I don’t know a lot about the subject, but will say this...

I was once doing a double where the two deliveries were perhaps 1/2 mile apart. As I’m a few houses away from the first delivery location I got a text from customer 2 saying “Let me know if you have difficultly finding my place.” Of course I replied that I was delivering to the first customer and would be there shortly. But, yes, it was annoying to have to take extra time to reply.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
They do not....I had custoemrs call me saying im going the wrong way when im on the way to a first drop off...so I need to explain that 'uber grouped the order together with another and i am unable to choose whom I go to first as ubeers system sets that up"

I blame it on Uber...so far everybdy seems to understand lol

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I had a customer text me saying if I’m waiting for a second customers order to tell her so she can cancel so she won’t get cold food. As I was leaving and had only been there 5 minutes. They don’t know but some can guess based off of experience.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I had a customer text me saying if I’m waiting for a second customers order to tell her so she can cancel so she won’t get cold food. As I was leaving and had only been there 5 minutes. They don’t know but some can guess based off of experience.
If the customer Is on a ‘stacked delivery’,Uber notifies them they are on a consecutive delivery with someone else. The only way the customer wouldn’t know that they’re on the ‘stacked delivery’, is if you accept a second delivery while you’re at the same restaurant.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
If the customer Is on a ‘stacked delivery’,Uber notifies them they are on a consecutive delivery with someone else. The only way the customer wouldn’t know that they’re on the ‘stacked delivery’, is if you accept a second delivery while you’re at the same restaurant.
I honestly don’t really know what the customer sees. So this is new info to me so thank you for that. This was an add of for me In This situation and the way she worded it made it seem she wasn’t a “stacked” delivery in this situation and just made a guess based on either time or seeing me on the map at another location.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
They do not....I had custoemrs call me saying im going the wrong way when im on the way to a first drop off...so I need to explain that 'uber grouped the order together with another and i am unable to choose whom I go to first as ubeers system sets that up"

I blame it on Uber...so far everybdy seems to understand lol
which liberal city are you in?

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
It shows a whole map and everything the customers aren't left in the dark some are just stupid and/or ********. I was ordering often for awhile and almost all my orders were stacked (I did not care). I only accept doubles that are close and going to the same neighborhood. Yesterday, I got a complete psycho, double pick up same restaurant total distance 1.4 miles $18.xx payout. Both orders are ready , for whatever reason it had me pass drop off 2's location and deliver the larger order first, I drop off the first order close it out , order 2 pops up .04 miles away same neighborhood, I see a text from the guy "Do you know where you are going" reply back yes , just dropped off 1st order will be at your place in 3 minutes another text "you drove past my house" , anyways I'm already pulling up in his driveway literally 3 minutes away from drop off 1 , it's leave at door but there's an old man all red in the face standing on the porch, "why the F did you drive by my house" I'm thinking he's probably just kidding, I try to explain again there's no way for me to see the exact address blah blah, "well you should tell them" and snatches his food waddles back into his house, thumbs down within seconds, an hour later his generous $1.70 tip removed. I looked him up , the dude is 80 years old owns a restaurant in town (a crappy one) AND was involved with all these tech companies back in the 80's &90's so the ******* knows how to use the app he was just looking for something to ***** about. There was a whole write up on him about how great he is blah blah but these people act very different when it's not a camera or reporter in their faces. I returned the favor and left a nice review online about his restaurant now it's down to 3.5 stars.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Uber tells the 2nd customer that the driver is completing another order and they can't see the driver's location until the 1st order is completed.

apparently they can see me...... they have called saying im going in the wrong direction etc... so i need to explain what's happening...

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
apparently they can see me...... they have called saying im going in the wrong direction etc... so i need to explain what's happening...
Last week I did a double, 2nd customer texted me saying she couldn't see my location afterwards she quickly texted me nevermind I see that you're completing another order please lmk when you're here thx.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Last week I did a double, 2nd customer texted me saying she couldn't see my location afterwards she quickly texted me nevermind I see that you're completing another order please lmk when you're here thx.

I wish they wouldn;t let you see where you are BEFORE you start their deivery....

Seems like an insion of privacy

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Agree. Would make better business sense to have the app just say something like 'Your delivery driver will be on his way soon. He/she is currently finishing another deliver.' and no map. Then after you start the next delivery the map shows up. It bothers me that the customers are able to sends text messages while driving. Most states have do not text laws and I am not risking a ticket nor accident responding to some text while driving. By the way when they do text does it flash the same text like 2-4 times for others as it does for me? I always have the latest update to the app so that's not the issue.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well with a recent UE update away went the map that showed if there was one or two orders and if they were two different restaurant to pickup. Now all you get is $, first restaurant and total distance. 2 & 2 would normally pay out better but I think this is a way to trick drivers into accepting trips that may appear decent (possibly a single trip) that actually are 2 & 2 or less $.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok figured it out. The "2" is not right there for you to easily see in the few seconds to accept the ping. If I recall it is in a green area somewhere on the new display. Still doesn't say if a double order at same place or first order at one resturant and a second at another. The map showed this.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
.By the way when they do text does it flash the same text like 2-4 times for others as it does for me? I always have the latest update to the app so that's not the issue.
Yes, I get the annoying repeated text, too. And if I have the text-to-voice thing on ... 🤯! Sometimes I shout, “Shut the **** up!” at it. Then apologize to the family next to me at the red light.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
When I see a double or stack order, I personally have to make sure that they are not like...****ing 20 miles apart because last time that happened Uber dinged me for delivering cold food. Of course Uber would do so despite their logistic algorithm is the issue.

Advice...STAY AWAY FROM ICE CREAM ORDERS if it is a stack or double order unless you want Uber to comfort the customer how evil you are for delivering them a milkshake instead of a ice cream.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't see how you guys are able to tell where the second order is being picked up or delivered? When I get a double I can't see the 2nd order until I pick up the first order?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts