Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Wanting to pit stop without marking a stop? Do you make it drop the stop on there? (This lady seemed to know how to work the system pretty good. She said she wasn't sure if the store was open and took @ 10 minutes and blamed the cashier)

2) Someone gets in your car and says should I just cancel? Do I lose money if I cancel? Is it better if they cancel? Does it really matter?

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Stops are money LOOSERS most time. They don't care about your time or the 3 minutes. Sometimes you get pax who appreciate it's and throw a few bucks IN YOUR HAND BEFORE the stop. When you hear I'll tip you in the app... No you won't and I rufuse to stop.

Now, here with upfront pricing all stops are paid extra. So no I won't stop unless you add it on.. THEN they see they will have to pay for the stop and most cancel the additional stop.

Then the pax says can I tip you in the app after this happens... Knowing full well if you ain't gonna pay for it now you sure in the hell ain't gonna tip me in the app after you leave.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is exactly what I was getting at. I really appreciate that information. No stops for me unless they've got it on there. I knew there was something to it. Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
That is exactly what I was getting at. I really appreciate that information. No stops for me unless they've got it on there. I knew there was something to it. Thank you so much.
Mind you this is not set in stone. You will have to learn how to gauge it. Just remember Uber won't back you or support you. So be smarter then most ants and use your brain and not just your pocketbook.

Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I see. What could happen where they wouldn't support me I'm just curious? If I say no the customer could grouse about it or something? I've had a couple of them already try and get me to drop them off and sit around and ask to give them a ride back.

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Uber is Know For throwing drivers under a moving bus. They would rather deactivate you on the word of a lying cash cow, then back the honest driver with false accusations cause we "cost Uber money."

3 minutes unless cash is produced.

They want a return trip fine but 3 minutes and make sure you have them add the second stop. That why they can't lie about... "no I didn't return or continue on to another drop off."

Cover your ass.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh, I see. Have them produce cash for an unmarked stop. For a return trip have them add it so they know where they were dropped off, as in there's no question what happened. Got it.

·
26,291 Posts
No stops for me
Stop right there, unless you like to lose money.

Mind you this is not set in stone. You will have to learn how to gauge it. Just remember Uber won't back you or support you. So be smarter then most ants and use your brain and not just your pocketbook.
Read and pay heed. Despite my refusal to do stops, there are times when I do get stuck doing it.

drop them off and sit around and ask to give them a ride back.

On a round trip local, your bottom line is that you are doing the flip-flop for free. There is no difference in the payoff if you do a one way local or a round trip local. If there is a difference, it is pennies. On mediocre length round trips, your bottom line is that you get paid next-to-nothing.

Have them produce cash
Be careful when you ask for cash. One of the drawbacks of both Fubar and Gryft is that both make it too easy for the customer to complain and at the same time make it next to impossible for the driver to defend himself. If the customer complains, one of the check boxes is "Driver demanded cash". You might get one warning on that.......you might.................Bet that not only will the customer complain, he will check that box.

• Haha
Reactions: Uberyouber

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
You're paid for stops? How much?
Can you post a screenshot please?

I've never been paid extra for a stop, just the reg per minute rate.
When they add stops it changes the upfront pricing we are slaves to here now. We get a lump sum per trip.
No minute or miles. However if say traffic cause a greater time I have yet to see a difference in the pay. However, if you can shave time or miles they are quick to take it back from you. Thus : new Uber math.

I'll see if I have the screen shot of the change.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I just checked in the Uber Rider App. Same route from the origin. I would have passed by the stop anyway enroute to the distant destination.

Short mileage Ride:
A ride to a destination without a stop: $8.92.
A ride to the same destination with a stop enroute: $12.96.

Mid-mileage Ride:
A ride to destination without a stop: $18.95.
A ride to the same destination with a stop enroute: $19.97.

Long mileage ride:
A ride to destination without a stop: $42.90
A ride to a distant destination with a stop enroute: $44.97

Not much difference in mid and long. But all we'd be getting of the difference is the time value. So in my market, $0.11 per minute. Quibbling about $2 is not worth it in my book. Just tell them you have three minutes. No more.

[NG]Owner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts