Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same old trick
Pax ask to make a call, the driver gives up his phone next thing u know your short a pocket full of money. I saw it for myself this morning 5 cop cars at the gas station with a TLC suburban, my source saw me drive by and immediately called me and said "they got another one" a guy lost $2000 friday and another $200 early this morning.

DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PHONE UNLESS U HAVE TO

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Same old trick
Pax ask to make a call, the driver gives up his phone next thing u know your short a pocket full of money. I saw it for myself this morning 5 cop cars at the gas station with a TLC suburban, my source saw me drive by and immediately called me and said "they got another one" a guy lost $2000 friday and another $200 early this morning.

DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PHONE UNLESS U HAVE TO
Don't give your phone at all, why these animals need our phone for? Smh so many drivers that will obey the pax because they are scared of deactivation.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't give your phone at all, why these animals need our phone for? Smh so many drivers that will obey the pax because they are scared of deactivation.
Yep as soon as u dont comply with whatever some of these pax say they start emailing the apps.

That's crazy and stupid. They order A car thru an app so they have a phone
They use the excuse that their sister or brother ordered it for them. Saturday afternoon they tried to scam me like that, 2 little jr goons get in talking all innocent....claiming their sister put in the wrong address. I told them no one touches my phone, I cancelled they paused for a few seconds then left. Probably moved on to easier prey

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I dont know how they do it but its been confirmed that its still happening.
It's must be something else note the cash out option. I just changed my debit card and takes 2 days to be approved and a lot of questions at least for Lyft. For uber they ask for social security number I think and send email for confirmation but I'm not sure how long takes to be approved.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
They tried to do that for me last year but I was holding my phone and I told him that I would change the address myself. They used s stolen credit card to get the ride and they took a ride from the Bronx all the way to Brooklyn and then back to the Bronx.Once I dropped them off I double checked and everything was all good they weren't able to get me.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's must be something else note the cash out option. I just changed my debit card and takes 2 days to be approved and a lot of questions at least for Lyft. For uber they ask for social security number I think and send email for confirmation but I'm not sure how long takes to be approved.
The $2000 steal was thru cash app. These guys seem to be targeting Lyft, they may not be changing debit card info but just adding their info and cashing out because on 1 app I use 2 debit cards

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
The $2000 steal was thru cash app. These guys seem to be targeting Lyft, they may not be changing debit card info but just adding their info and cashing out because on 1 app I use 2 debit cards
Good to know I never knew that before. Thanks for the info. We should star new subject here and put all this crap there so everyone knows about this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.