Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting today all trips that start from EWR to ANY destination will be charged at NYC rates. That is great news. Lately at EWR it was hard to get a uber x because drivers don t want to risk it for 1.10/mile plus the ones that decline not NYC rides. Now is good for all drivers. If we risk it at least we get good money. A Hoboken ride will be 45-50$ which is nice. Full of cars at the airport from now on. I guess will see more tickets.

·
Registered
262 Posts
NYC rates aren't bad at all. Seems like uber got fed up reading the same type or emails over and over again and hearing complaints from passengers who couldn't get rides from EWR

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yeah, that is good news. Just means that nobody, and I mean nobody will accept any calls now from outside the airport perimeter. Does that possibly mean that they may have struck a deal with the PA? Maybe they will get a kickback per trip or something. The NJ rates schedule shows the information regarding EWR and about NYC rates.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This is a good news from UBER. Finally UBER has realized the issue, I know they do not listen to their Partners:mad: but they listened to their customer's complains. Riders has been getting canceled and partners had been getting deactivated doing that because they refused to work at EWR on third world wages. Overall I like this change, Uber Black may not be very excited about it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Also the flat rates to NYC are gone, so that will definitely keep passengers from getting that cancellation call as we know a lot of drivers were just hoping to get the flat fare into the city or outer boroughs for the bigger score. Let's see what happens now around EWR. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is good news for everyone even black car drivers. Now they need to go ahead and implement that around the rest of the state. Kudos to all the drivers including myself for refusing non flat rate fares. If people would stop picking up the $1.10 fare in New Jersey they will have to do the same thing in the state. Raise the fare! Here's the thing if you know anyone driving for lyft tell them not to pick up any fares at 1.10 at the airport. Because naturally the customer will try and take advantage of their cheaper fare but if there are no drivers demand for lyft will cease.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Also the flat rates to NYC are gone, so that will definitely keep passengers from getting that cancellation call as we know a lot of drivers were just hoping to get the flat fare into the city or outer boroughs for the bigger score. Let's see what happens now around EWR. Should be interesting.
What's likely to happen is you are going to see a large influx of drivers at ewr leading to fewer drivers around the rest of the state around ewr. So let's send a message and stop accepting fares all around north jersey.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a thought....I think the rate increase is great but why just on pickups? I guess there are not that many Uber drivers that want to work the areas surrounding the Airport. I think what will happen now is when you get a drop off at the airport your more likely to hang in the cell phone lot and try to pull something out. The problem will be a lot of those pings you are waiting for may be coming from outside the airport in Newark and Elizabeth. I am there all the time dropping off and only occasionally get a fare from the arrival. Picking up is very risky business!!! They crack down a lot more on the pickups. The fare increase is not enough for me to change my routine until it becomes legal.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
We need to monitor police activity now, since all nobs will camp out there and become easy target for cops. Nobs might make it a fish market there and PA has to control it some how.
I hope Uber will negotiate with airport as they did in other States, even pay reasonable fee for airport pickups so we would not be targeted by cops. Uber can access this fee to pax or driver evenly.
I will gladly pay my fair share if promissed not to be hassled by the cops there.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
It's a good sign. Maybe uber won't drop rates in the rest of the state to 90 cents a mile this fall.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I hope Uber will negotiate with airport as they did in other States, even pay reasonable fee for airport pickups so we would not be targeted by cops. Uber can access this fee to pax or driver evenly.
Completely agree that they should negotiate some rate on both pickups and drop-offs. I think they should raise the rate on drop off as well. Also institute some type of first in first out process like they have at other airports that once you come onto airport property then you are placed in a queue waiting for the next available ride. Then you can go hang out for a bit in the cell phone lot and not lose your place in line and cars won't be clogging up the roads constantly circling. The caveat has to be that no pings would be allowed to come through for off airport rides, unless you left the property and lost your place in the first in first out line.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts