Uber Drivers Forum banner

19 Hour fare request to NY

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  NCHeel 
#1 ·
Had a ping around midnight this past saturday for fare to Bovina NY from Charlotte NC. Thats a 19 hour ride per text from pax. Cancelled. Would Fuber even pay us for a ride like that? I thought I read that there was a $200 limit.

#18 ·
Good question
-
I had a ride to Carey, NC - $539.39 - It was a 2 1/2 hour ride - They did pay it after they verified with the rider - it took a week
-
I will send an email to support - I am curious
Good to know they verify with the rider. That, for me, would be the reason I would never accept a long ride like that. All the rider has to do is claim it wasn't them and you just wasted a lot of time and money.
And I'm sure you would have no way to argue it unless you send them 2.5 hours of inside-car-dashcam video. And even then they probably still wouldn't pay.

#15 ·
Thats a five hour ride as I have driven it many times. So ten hours round trip. After deducting gas, it still does not turn me on for approx $15hr round trip. I lucked on a trip yesterday from Mooresville NC to Blacksburg SC at $40 one way taking one hour. It turned into a round trip. So two hour trip was $80 plus $20 tip. If it had been one way only, I would most likely of dead headed back most if not all the way again at approx $15 hr after gas deduction. Guber needs to get us back to $1 plus per mile. I would prefer $1.50 plus which is still $1 less per mile than in a cab here. His pax was the best part of his ride unless she turned out to be a rich b#%€h. Now if that guy was Uber Black, he would have done very well.

#16 ·
I've only done 1 long distance trip and worked it out in advance. It was 2:45 am on a Sun. She told me her friends wanted to leave and she wanted to stay. The trip was from the Epicenter to Columbia SC. She gave me a call shortly after sending me the request and explained it all. Said she knew it was late, would be a long ride there and back, knew I wouldn't be picking up any return fares home and would compensate me accordingly. 150.00 dollars on top of the fare. Had a smile on my face the entire way back home at 4:45 am. :cool:

#22 ·
Get a Square card reader. Negotiate long fares (they are so rare) like that and cut Uber out of the profit. Drive up and fly back, have car shipped back for about $400. More than likely it was a fake ride. Someone messing with a friends phone or someone with a deactivated credit card attached to the account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.