1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
A spoiled little rich kid in his merecedes losted control and hit a beck taxi head on killing the driver sigh...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/man-dead-fatal-crash-north-york-1.4031712
These parents buying their kids expensive cars as new drivers need to teach them responsibility. I see some of the teens on my street speeding at a 100km/h on a 40 zone Fridays and Saturdays. They drive so recklessly seeing those movies thinking it's cool while posing a huge danger to everyone else.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
They should simply make the penalties for excessive speeding draconian

100 in a 50?

Guess what.... you license is gone for 2 years and you have a monitor on your vehicle for the next 3 that the MTO reviews periodically

DUI?.... minimum 5 year suspension if you're extremely intoxicated. 10 years for second offenders and lifetime for 3rd.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
A spoiled little rich kid in his merecedes losted control and hit a beck taxi head on killing the driver sigh...

Toronto Police OPS

✔@TPSOperations

Collision: York Mills Rd east of Yonge Street. 2 vehicles involved, one into hydro pole. Serious injuries, one under arrest. ^cv

3:22 AM - 19 Mar 2017
The wrong driver died this time. May the cab driver rest in peace.

These parents buying their kids expensive cars as new drivers need to teach them responsibility. I see some of the teens on my street speeding at a 100km/h on a 40 zone Fridays and Saturdays. They drive so recklessly seeing those movies thinking it's cool while posing a huge danger to everyone else.
That's not even an expensive benz. Just another little useless bytchpunk whose world is limited to playing with his hair in the mirror and acting like a tough guy when surrounded by his punk friends. Just another selfish ignorant goof who thinks it can't happen to him. And now, if he killed the wrong guy, he will spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Toronto Police OPS

✔@TPSOperations

Collision: York Mills Rd east of Yonge Street. 2 vehicles involved, one into hydro pole. Serious injuries, one under arrest. ^cv

3:22 AM - 19 Mar 2017
Virtually the identical crash happened in front of my own home last week except the idiot driver died instead of an innocent cab driver. I got drawn and quartered by the no-minds on this forum for expressing my feelings about the reckless, dangerous driver who took the dirt nap. Makes me chuckle. I likely won't last long participating here. There's some really good people here. There's also some really solid, intelligent people here. But the majority are unadulterated asshats - not my kind of people.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Virtually the identical crash happened in front of my own home last week except the idiot driver died instead of an innocent cab driver. I got drawn and quartered by the no-minds on this forum for expressing my feelings about the reckless, dangerous driver who took the dirt nap. Makes me chuckle. I likely won't last long participating here. There's some really good people here. There's also some really solid, intelligent people here. But the majority are unadulterated asshats - not my kind of people.
This type of stuff happens so frequently that time and again I fear the situation for myself when driving UBER. Albeit, occurrences of death are either due to age, health, danger, sometimes without even a reason, or by a deity if you believe in a higher being and purpose, Im fearful every time I'm on the road.

As drivers, we are out on the road way more (in most cases) than anyone else, some of us driving 4-8 hours a day on average. It's no secret, that driving-related deaths are at a high and those chances increase the more we're out. I'd hate to see the day, because of some kid trying to act cool in front of his friend, we suffer the consequence of disability or death. I hope the kid gets what he deserves and may the the driver rest in peace.

To anyone else reading this, stay alert and help keep the roads safe by following the rules. All it takes is a few seconds to change your or someone else's life.

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's very sad. RIP the cab driver. Its sad to even think this man is out there in the middle of the night to feed his family and some drunk ******* kills him.

Driving late last night i saw an accident on Eglinton just before getting onto the DVP ramp and it look brutal and at that time the police and med were not there yet it must have just happened like 5 mins before I drove by.

I saw a whole bunch of accidents last night and it just made I was so discourage to drive. My father always says you can be the best driver on the planet but if there's a drunk ******* on the road your life is in danger. Yeah it doesnt happen often but it can happen any time.

Be safe guys!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Young kids with high powered cars doing stupid shit has been going on since Henry ford built the first V8
True, but only goofs do it in a city residential zone. Go out in the country or goto an abandoned industrial area. F-n idiots doing this near houses deserve to die a long, horrible immensely painful death.

·
Registered
707 Posts
True, but only goofs do it in a city residential zone. Go out in the country or goto an abandoned industrial area. F-n idiots doing this near houses deserve to die a long, horrible immensely painful death.
Saw a kid almost lose it the other night when he tried to show off his M3 in the packed streets of st pattys day downtown. Spun it 180 and hit the curb by a crosswalk filled with people.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They should simply make the penalties for excessive speeding draconian

100 in a 50?

Guess what.... you license is gone for 2 years and you have a monitor on your vehicle for the next 3 that the MTO reviews periodically

DUI?.... minimum 5 year suspension if you're extremely intoxicated. 10 years for second offenders and lifetime for 3rd.
I think penalties for 50 over the speed limit are impounding car and in all honesty, serious enough.

these kids don't get caught cause cops barely catch them. they get away once or twice street racing and think they can get away all the time. unfortunately only learning the hard way

realistically, someone with a speeding ticket going 50 over is already screwed with 7 demerit points and probably won't be able to renew insurance. we need to enforce these rules, maybe even with zero tolerance (example: speeding cameras on residentials, etc., if you g caught 50 over it means a stunt racing ticket mailed to you and cops knocking to impound the car. or employing AI to combing through all the city's CCTV footage and combing evidence on speeders - anyone doing more than 20-30 over should just get tickets mailed.)

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
I think penalties for 50 over the speed limit are impounding car and in all honesty, serious enough.

these kids don't get caught cause cops barely catch them. they get away once or twice street racing and think they can get away all the time. unfortunately only learning the hard way

realistically, someone with a speeding ticket going 50 over is already screwed with 7 demerit points and probably won't be able to renew insurance. we need to enforce these rules, maybe even with zero tolerance (example: speeding cameras on residentials, etc., if you g caught 50 over it means a stunt racing ticket mailed to you and cops knocking to impound the car. or employing AI to combing through all the city's CCTV footage and combing evidence on speeders - anyone doing more than 20-30 over should just get tickets mailed.)
If the city did photo radar to nail people like this, I would have no issue with them bring it back. Just use it to focus on the real threats.... Not the guy doing 60 in a 50.

I don't want to see a revenue tool.... I want it to promote safety.

·
Premium Member
64,498 Posts
All human drivers will be outlawed if Uber has their way.

This type of stuff happens so frequently that time and again I fear the situation for myself when driving UBER. Albeit, occurrences of death are either due to age, health, danger, sometimes without even a reason, or by a deity if you believe in a higher being and purpose, Im fearful every time I'm on the road.

As drivers, we are out on the road way more (in most cases) than anyone else, some of us driving 4-8 hours a day on average. It's no secret, that driving-related deaths are at a high and those chances increase the more we're out. I'd hate to see the day, because of some kid trying to act cool in front of his friend, we suffer the consequence of disability or death. I hope the kid gets what he deserves and may the the driver rest in peace.

To anyone else reading this, stay alert and help keep the roads safe by following the rules. All it takes is a few seconds to change your or someone else's life.
Insurance companies KNOW THIS.
THEY HAVE THE DATA TO PROVE IT.

UBER LOWERS RATES AND DEVALUES YOUR LIFE & TIME.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
How come everyone become a nice to taxi driver? As most of you didn't hesitate your thoughts about taxi drivers in the past.
RIP cab driver.
If it isn't obvious, you're one of the asshats I mentioned earlier :)

It's sad and tragic when innocent people get hurt or killed by reckless perpetrators. Being a business competitor changes nothing. In fact we, along with other professional drivers like cabbies, have a common enemy: the speeding bastards on the road.

·
Registered
479 Posts
If it isn't obvious, you're one of the asshats I mentioned earlier :)

It's sad and tragic when innocent people get hurt or killed by reckless perpetrators. Being a business competitor changes nothing. In fact we, along with other professional drivers like cabbies, have a common enemy: the speeding bastards on the road.
You are new.
Search previous posts and you will find what I am trying to write here a...h...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts