Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
That was about 2017 when things were very different and Lyft was just getting started.
Lyft wasn't "just getting started", they'd been around since 2012. In fact they started doing their own version of "UberX" before Uber did.

The pay rates sucked in 2017 and they suck today.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Uber was never designed for you to “make a living”. It’s a gig. 90% of the *****ing stems from trying to make Uber something it was never designed to be…..simply because you want it to be.
No matter how many times that falsehood is repeated by the Uber apologists it remains FALSE.

Uber cannot survive without full time drivers. Neither can any of the other gig companies.

From day one Uber has always strived to get as many drivers working full time as possible. Virtually every Quest Uber has offered is weighted in favor of FULL TIME drivers.

Uber frequently sends me emails showing the "big money" FULL TIME drivers are making in DC.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
That's more than I spend in maintenance driving a Honda Accord 300,000 miles.
With 369 thousand on my Prius these are only my second set of brakes purchased.
The Prius does not have a starter or alternator so I save money there.
The hybrid battery is original and shows no sign of slowing down.
My tires are Motorcraft SRT Touring 60 thousand mile tires.
I replaced the regular battery at about 200 thousand miles.
Muffler has never been replaced.
Catalytic converter is original.
Radiator is original.
Changed the spark plugs two times along with fuel injector cleaning.
AC is original.
Oil and filter changed every 5 thousand miles with full synthetic oil.
Transmission and coolant changed about once a year or every 60 thousand.
I drive it everyday combination of city and highway.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Lyft wasn't "just getting started", they'd been around since 2012. In fact they started doing their own version of "UberX" before Uber did.

The pay rates sucked in 2017 and they suck today.
I know my market inside out and there were zero Lyft drivers in my area in 2016.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Can't you buy another used Prius with half the miles on it for that much money?
That is the question that all of us have to answer for ourselves and we all know there are dozens of variables.
My car is paid for and I have owned it and maintained it since day one.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
924 Posts
Okay, my toothbrush is paid for and I've owned it since day one. That doesn't mean that I should go and invest in a spool of nylon threads and an injection molding machine so I can refurbish the toothbrush.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,194 Posts
It's amazing how you can rent your vehicle and still make a decent second income.
In the last month I have spent 1400 on breaks, 800 on tires, 200 on coolant flush, 200 on transmission and still need my sparkplugs 400 and fuel injectors cleaned 200.
So weather you rent or own or lease you are going to have to pay one way or another.
Cool thing is that for 373 the cab company is only taking 4% on credit cards and nothing on cash transactions.

And 4% on credit cards? That's not much more than square or anyone else would take in the grand scheme, Trust me I checked.

Reactions: Jimmy44

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I say you stop driving for them and find something else. It's their company, they'll do whatever the f they want. Without you even deducting your expenses, that's awful pay, broski. But you know, keep driving for them and keep swearing.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Cool thing is that for 373 the cab company is only taking 4% on credit cards and nothing on cash transactions.

And 4% on credit cards? That's not much more than square or anyone else would take in the grand scheme, Trust me I checked.
Hey the key is it's working for you !
I never went the car rental route or drove a cab so I can't speak on those topics.
Just off the top of my head I would think it works better in urban settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With those numbers you really should just quit since you failed to stop the insanity after the first couple of shitty hours. Your either a troll or a terrible driver that still hasn't figured out his/her market in three years.
I agree..just quit then!..alot of people complain about the money .quit ..find another job that u can work when you want..I personally don't care what they take as long as I make what I need and for 6 months it comes out to about $23 an hour..need to realize not everyday is going to be great..take the good with the bad..trust me it evens out!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts