Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
924 Posts
Enjoyable hobby, that's... well, interesting.....

Don't they still have animal shelters where you can adopt dogs or cats if you're lonely?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Goodluck getting rideshare drivers organized. Ain't happening.
It's really hard to organize Driver's, Dara called Driver's mathematically challenged and it's so true. He said surge will be gone soon and cutting back on Driver's bonuses. Does anyone believe that would make Driver's quit ? Nah Quest is going away slowly and there's going to be a 10 cent reduction in the per mile. Will anyone organize or stop driving ? Nope. There are to many cheerleaders here for Uber.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
It's really hard to organize Driver's, Dara called Driver's mathematically challenged and it's so true. He said surge will be gone soon and cutting back on Driver's bonuses. Does anyone believe that would make Driver's quit ? Nah Quest is going away slowly and there's going to be a 10 cent reduction in the per mile. Will anyone organize or stop driving ? Nope. There are to many cheerleaders here for Uber.
I quit driving for Uber because of those things you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
This is why it is very important to have multiple apps. The more apps = more choices. You don’t have to accept every offer/ping. You can chase and get bonuses from one app if others aren’t paying extra.

You can’t limit yourself to just one app in today’s environment.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
This is why it is very important to have multiple apps. The more apps = more choices. You don’t have to accept every offer/ping. You can chase and get bonuses from one app if others aren’t paying extra.

You can’t limit yourself to just one app in today’s environment.
Well said

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Yes you can, especially if you've been deactivated from every app except one
If that’s the case maybe you need to re-examine the choices you made while working those apps that got you to this point

maybe customer service isn’t for you? Each of these rideshare and delivery apps require some basic customer service skills.

if I got deactivated from Uber or Lyft I would still run the other rideshare app and sign up for all the food delivery apps and throw in instacart for good measure, so I have a variety of jobs to choose from, and not a slave to just one app

It’s really hard to get deactivated from the delivery apps IMHO

Like I said, if you aren’t running multiple apps in today’s competitive environment, you can’t complain that you can’t make that much money 🤷🏻‍♂️ , it’s nobody’s fault but your own.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,194 Posts
Getting false accusations is a matter of when not if.

the cab company I drive for actually investigates comlplaints so I have dodging complaints with them down to a science.

1. Don’t drive bad.
2. Flash a smile for the camera while threatening them with bodily injury and wave goodbye.
3. Don’t piss off disney security.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
If that’s the case maybe you need to re-examine the choices you made while working those apps that got you to this point

maybe customer service isn’t for you? Each of these rideshare and delivery apps require some basic customer service skills.

if I got deactivated from Uber or Lyft I would still run the other rideshare app and sign up for all the food delivery apps and throw in instacart for good measure, so I have a variety of jobs to choose from, and not a slave to just one app

It’s really hard to get deactivated from the delivery apps IMHO

Like I said, if you aren’t running multiple apps in today’s competitive environment, you can’t complain that you can’t make that much money 🤷🏻‍♂️ , it’s nobody’s fault but your own.
Keep as many irons in the fire as you can.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Uberisfuninlvismeanonupdotnet
Sometimes the truth hurts. The OP said they were using JUST Lyft and making less than minimum wage. If they had more apps running, they would very likely make more money…

I used to just run with one rideshare app back in the day. The longer you drive the more you realize you sometimes need more than just one app if you are doing this.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Sometimes the truth hurts. The OP said they were using JUST Lyft and making less than minimum wage. If they had more apps running, they would very likely make more money…

I used to just run with one rideshare app back in the day. The longer you drive the more you realize you sometimes need more than just one app if you are doing this.
Lyft used to have regional managers who would use Uber and try to recruit Uber drivers durring the ride.
They offered great sign up bonuses and you actually had the phone number and email of the manager.
That was about 2017 when things were very different and Lyft was just getting started.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts