Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today with LYFT only, I made $74.23 in almost 10 hours of non stop work. Subtract the $20 for gas and $7.24 for tolls and it was $47.00 for the day. I asked 6 rides what they were paying. Turns out LYFT took 68% of all fares for those 6.

I believe it's time to organize a nationwide 3-5 day strike that continues once a month until some demand are met. Those are enough days to severely hurt both LYFT and Uber financially.

Imagine what an impact it would make should 70%-80% of drivers call a strike for 5 days in Miami. Around 80% of all vacation visitors would be stranded at the airport. Stranded at their hotel and resorts. Stranded at restaurants they went to. For 5 days.

It would not only cripple these rip off rideshare companies, it would devastate local economies as well. So much so, legislator's would be compelled to get involved. On the side of the drivers.

Would be great to see both LYFT and Uber be forced by new laws that restrict them to only 30% of ANY fare. The rest goes to the drivers. The way it should be.

What say you?

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Today with LYFT only, I made $74.23 in almost 10 hours of non stop work. Subtract the $20 for gas and $7.24 for tolls and it was $47.00 for the day. I asked 6 rides what they were paying. Turns out LYFT took 68% of all fares for those 6.

I believe it's time to organize a nationwide 3-5 day strike that continues once a month until some demand are met. Those are enough days to severely hurt both LYFT and Uber financially.

Imagine what an impact it would make should 70%-80% of drivers call a strike for 5 days in Miami. Around 80% of all vacation visitors would be stranded at the airport. Stranded at their hotel and resorts. Stranded at restaurants they went to. For 5 days.

It would not only cripple these rip off rideshare companies, it would devastate local economies as well. So much so, legislator's would be compelled to get involved. On the side of the drivers.

Would be great to see both LYFT and Uber be forced by new laws that restrict them to only 30% of ANY fare. The rest goes to the drivers. The way it should be.

What say you?
Soon In California they will be mandating a minimum mileage and time wage to prevent this from happening.

·
12,559 Posts

What say you?
How were you able to find out what Lyft charged each passenger?

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
this is why we need a higher rate per mile but politicians are too stupid to advocate for that instead they want a boss breathing our necks with no flexibility so you get attacked from both sides

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,182 Posts
Well in 1976 money assuming your not looking at bad pay. Since uber seems to think that 1976 cab fares is what some of us deserve this really shouldn't be a suprise.

Why don't you post your earnings for 10 hours to social media.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,182 Posts
this is why we need a higher rate per mile but politicians are too stupid to advocate for that instead they want a boss breathing our necks with no flexibility so you get attacked from both sides
We do NEED a higher rate per mile. The problem is that.. uhh...

Unless they are forced to they won't do that. I'm not apposed to a law like prop 22 being written the problem is that uber is the one who wrote it. They wrote it with massive loopholes for them to exploit.

Truth of the matter?

Under prop 22 they can pay less than half of min wage while simultaneously paying 130% of min wage. Because that's uber math at work.

If you had 1 ping that took 20 minutes in an hour... As an employee you're entitled to min wage ($14 an hour) plus mileage. And for that 40 minutes of downtime you're entitled to pay for that as well. 40 minutes isn't long enough for you to be using your free time for your own purposes. On call would be payable in that case, especially if you were queued at the airport.

So you're time for that hour is 130% of 33% of $14.

Which is... duh duh duh...

$6.06 is 130% of min wage to uber, yeah that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Which is just about.. min wage 14 years ago.

Then mileage, which is half of what an employee is entitled to...

And there you have it.. 130% of min wage can be manipulated into half of min wage.

If uber is deciding the pay scale the manipulations will continue because uber is a souless and heartless machine that never cared about the drivers. Only manipulating us to do their bidding. Sometimes momentary happiness is the lure on the hook.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
With those numbers you really should just quit since you failed to stop the insanity after the first couple of shitty hours. Your either a troll or a terrible driver that still hasn't figured out his/her market in three years.
I think I have his problem fingered...

A. It's tuesday.. which won't be great.
B. He's in Miami, making him a Florida driver which means that he got screwed and gets less than any other driver would get for that time and mileage.
C. To make matters even worse assuming he posted it not long after finishing his 10 hours...

He started somewhere between 7-10 Am and worked until about 5 or 7 PM?

Good god those are horrible hours to work, i mean if those are the hours he's working he's...
God those are bad hours to work. Just wow... If you want to make money those are the worst hours to work. Should be starting no earlier than 4-6 pm start and done and home by 7-8 am. That period between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm are just so awful... so so bad. Short runs, no airport trips, grocery runs, doctor visits... just crap.

Combine it all together?

The worst time of the day on the worst day of the week in a bottom market.

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Even though there is no doubt that Lyft is exploiting drivers, and the driver in this case, it may not be a 68% take. For one thing it is a little weird that it was exactly 68% in every case. Usually I've seen it vary a bit.

More important, there are two numbers Lyft gives the rider; the estimate of the ride, and the final total. I can only speak to my spot checks over the years, but the final total, which comes to the pax in an email, is often less than the original estimate. So when we drivers ask a pax what they paid, be sure to get the final bill, which may not show for a few minutes after the ride is completed.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts

What say you?
bwoy you getting that harsh dirty

·
Premium Member
12,635 Posts

What say you?
YOU

Might be dumber than a box of rocks.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts