Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

1600 trips 1 bad ride

1K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Julescase 
#1 ·
picked up 3 guys at bar closing time. rates just starting to surge they had a 1.3x ride going 8/10 if a mile so I would be getting about $4
as soon as I started rolling I got my next request, an xl on a 4x surge so a minimum of about $22 for me.
I accepted request then these guys ask me to drive through taco bell. this particular taco bell would be a minimum 20 minute wait in the drive through
so I explain to these guys that while I normally do make stops for riders about 95% of the time I cannot because I already have another rider waiting.
they spent the next couple minutes trying to convince me to stop for them and I politely declined several times.once I passed the taco bell driving them towards the destination their mood turned ugly. started calling me a$$hole telling me they were going to give me 0stars, the one behind me kicking the back of my seat. finally I had them about a quarter mile from their destination I had enough. pulled over and told them to get out if my van their ride is over. they said they weren't getting out if my van until I got them home.
picked up my phone ended their trip and punched in 911, holding my finger uber the send button. told them they had 10 seconds to get out or they could get out when the police got there. they got out cussing me one of them kicked the side of my van (no damage) then I moved in to my rider that was waiting. ended up being a long ride that netted me $52 plus a $20 tip
glad I didn't make the stop for that $4 fare of a$$holes

See less See more
#3 ·
You should throw a brick through their windows in their cars. If their cars are in the street you should rent a home depot truck and back up into it really hard. Come back in a few weeks and repeat. Nasty people simply have not learned what being persecuted is like. I once was a total shithead. Getting stabbed and having my car keyed up thought me a valuable lesson. Dont be a dlck!!!

#7 ·
I hope you sent a note to Uber explaining the ride so they would possibly yet unlikely be banned. Not that it matters much but they may ignore any bad rating you received from them.

I had a similar yet not so hostile situation last weekend. Picked up a nice couple. He was a bit drunker then her. As we get close to their house he asked to go to Taco Bell. It was prime bar time so I said it depends on the line just then I get a stacked ping back in downtown at a 2.5x surge. Of course I accepted and explained no TB. He seemed OK with it but started pouting. When I drop them off he angrily says you can go suck c*#k and slams the door. His wife apologized saying he's drunk. The best part was the next ride were 4 nice guys basically coming back to the same area which happens to be by my house. They want to go to TB and offer to get me some too. I'm hungry and tired heck yea let's do this. I asked for 2 tacos they got me 5!

#11 ·
I have to agree on reporting it to Uber. At least you told them your side of the story, before they reported you. It makes you look like (from Uber) that you did the right thing. I doubt it that you'll be removed from the platform(unplugged) for it. I'm sure that Uber knows that there are a lot of @$$holes out there giving us drivers a bunch of $hit!

#14 ·
I was worried this was going to end in a negative way, thank goodness you didn't stop! You should never stop (especially when it's surging, especially if they don't offer major tip) ....pax are out of control thinking they can get away with this shit. You need to report those assholes and make sure they didn't damage your car.

Wtf is wrong with these dingdongs? I don't understand how people think it's ok to behave like the monsters they show themselves to be. That's not ok - these people need to go military school and re-learn their basic human decency skills before society decides to place them in prison. Yes I think 20-30 year olds should be forced to go to military school if they behave like absolute bastard lunatics in public.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.