Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While scrolling around on my pax app I noticed a big pop up saying this was happening in Richmond.

What was your rate before and after?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm done ubering in Richmond because of this. I barely broke even last time I worked even with a fair number of surges. Maybe NYE but that would be it

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

Dr. G. just might be right. The more I Uber, the more I feel like a sucker. Too bad, though; because I actually ENJOY it - and it is a great part-time venture. Well, at least it WAS.

With the recent rate cuts AND saturating the Richmond market with several hundred too many Uber partners, it has become nothing more than a hobby with the benefit of a tax write-off. I was out a few hours last night and IT SUCKED. All little $5 and $6 trips. I bailed and went home before the drunks and the pukers were looking for rides home.

I expect things to start picking up at my day job (paid on commission for what I haul) and then I'll barely Uber at all - just enough to stay 'active' in their system. Lyft will soon be coming on-line in Richmond - so perhaps they will offer a bit more money.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm definitely done with Richmond. They emailed me a few weeks ago saying they were reviewing my background check and I'd be wait listed until then. Still haven't heard back and I'm not asking; I don't want them to suspend my Blacksburg account. Maybe I'll ask before new years, otherwise I'll just turn the app on in Richmond if I'm running errands

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

Since fuel has gone down in price and my car gets very good mileage, I could have perhaps dealt with the lower Uber rates --- provided I stayed busy with some decent trips. However, because they've saturated the market with a few hundred too many partners, you end up sitting for 30 to 40 minutes without a ping.

It's just wasted time. I don't know why they keep sending out the texts & e-mails saying how busy it will be and how much the partners can make. Really? Psssht!

No Uber tonight. Am going to get some dinner and go to see a band later tonight with a friend of mine. Screw Uber!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

A very good friend of mine who drives now for Uber had applied via the Internet to work for Lyft. They contacted him and - unlike Uber - wish to meet with him in person and actually INSPECT his vehicle and go for a ride with him before they let him sign on.

They are coming to Richmond - and probably sooner than you might think.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

The idea that they wanted to personally inspect his vehicle is a pretty good sign that they will be coming here.

Lyft is already in the Tidewater area and they operate in NoVa - so why not Richmond as well? I figure it is going to take them a good amount of time to set everything up to serve this market, but it would be silly of them NOT to come to the state capital city.

We shall see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts