Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've completed over 3000 trips and just checked my ratings tab. I have 15 complaints about professionalism.:eek: Jeez. Its a $3 ride who'd you think was going to pick you up Steve Jobs! :confused:Honestly I think most of them come from people who are upset that I don't provide iPhone chargers. I don't have an iPhone so I don't need an iPhone charger. I bought 4 or 5 in the few last months. But I work at night time in the Party City of Miami Beach and drunk people keep breaking and stealing them. So why bother.... Oh yeah :rolleyes: so I can collect more amenities badges!!! Like I'm 3 years old or something. :mad: After all I can spend these badges on groceries so it's well worth the investment! o_O
See... I'm very professional.;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people are Social Butterflies... Me I'm more like a death's-head hawkmoth. I don't smile a lot and I'm not that friendly. Sometimes I joke around. I just don't Vibe with everybody. So if I like you, I like you. If I don't you get the cold shoulder. aka "awkward silence" shieet sometimes ain't even the customer sometimes I'm just not in a good mood. So they get that awkward silent treatment. I'm pretty good at giving people the silent treatment. They sure make badges for that. I'm sure I'd get a lot of them!

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
I don't provide an iPhone charger either. About 750 rides, 4.91 rating. But then again I rarely do nights.

I bet a lot of those are the entitled types. Those are the ones who annoy me the most. Some people do not even realize how they come across. Today I had a lady text me right as I pulled up to a bar (at 11am!) that I should go inside the bar at the back door and meet her so she knew I was there! I just texted back "I'm here already at the front". She ended up being a nice lady who tipped and who was grieving her recently deceased husband. Some people just don't realize that they are being ridiculous with their expectations. Then when you stand up for yourself, no matter how polite, if you are unlucky they will ding you for it as if "Being professional" is equal to "being their slave".

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are there really any serious reprecussions to these complaints? Or does fuber put them there to let the pax vent a bit? Got a unprofessional badge once because I refused to let an open container in the car. Meaning they wanted me to risk everything for them to drink some sips during the ride. How unprofessional.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
For ridiculously low rates they want "professionalism". Hey Goober, guess what, pay peanuts, get monkeys. Even then, how much is your CEO being paid and how professional is he? Biggest laugher of the year.

Raise the rates to high enough and I'll 1) put on a suit, 2) provide aux cords, Android chargers, iPhone chargers, sparkling and non-sparkling water, mood lighting and all those effects, 3) I'll accept pings 30 min away.

But nah, not gonna happen...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some people are Social Butterflies... Me I'm more like a death's-head hawkmoth. I don't smile a lot and I'm not that friendly. Sometimes I joke around. I just don't Vibe with everybody. So if I like you, I like you. If I don't you get the cold shoulder. aka "awkward silence" shieet sometimes ain't even the customer sometimes I'm just not in a good mood. So they get that awkward silent treatment. I'm pretty good at giving people the silent treatment. They sure make badges for that. I'm sure I'd get a lot of them!
Same to me i feel its mind game not freaking job they made me feel like doubt in myself and feel like am not good guy it's just thats me I don't talk alot and calm and I don't make any problems with any one and I feel that the reason makes me get low rating amd many feedback

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.