Uber Drivers Forum banner

15.44 / hour

5K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  Deoxlar 
#1 · (Edited)
Addendum

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Comrades in Rideshare: Greetings!

I took this handy-dandy spreadsheet thingy and crunched my year-end numbers. Keep in mind that this is specific to me. What you make per hour will depend on the vehicle you drive (fuel and maintenance costs) and the platforms you have access to (I get only X, Poo and Assist).

$12.56 - Earnings per hour after Uber's commission, Fuel, Maintenance and repairs and before income taxes.

17,349 - Kilometres driven while Uber driving

$1712 - Costs of fuel to Uber for 2016 for small SUV (Rav4) that gets 9.2 km/L or 22 mpg

$1,658 - Costs of depreciation attributed to Uber driving

$2,532 - Expenses attributed to Uber Driving. I did not include Licensing, private insurance, Loan Interest, Winter/Summer Tire installation and parking space at home cost because I would have had to pay for these anyway if I were not uber driving. I also did not include my cell-phone charges because I have unlimited calling/texting and a very rare, grand-fathered unlimited data plan from before I started Uber driving. Although for tax purposes, you can claim those expenses.

55% - Profit from what Uber pays me each week

38% - Profit I earn from each pax's fare

1225 - Number of trips done in 2016. This includes the ones Uber likes to say it didn't count.

31% - The amount that Uber took from each fare for itelf. This includes my (grand-fathered) 20% commission and the booking fee for each ride. Before Uber started paying for primary insurance, it was 27%. After they started paying for insurance, 32%

2.12 - The average number of trips I do per hour.

4.80 - My rating as of the posting.

When I was inputting data from the driver app to Excel, I also noticed that I had gotten considerably more Surge fares in the first half of the year than in the latter half.

Let the b/tching begin, my brethren.
Smile Facial expression Coat Hat Gesture

#11 ·

I took this handy-dandy spreadsheet thingy and crunched my year-end numbers. Keep in mind that this is specific to me. What you make per hour will depend on the vehicle you drive (fuel and maintenance costs) and the platforms you have access to (I get only X, Poo and Assist).

$12.56 - Earnings per hour after Uber's commission, Fuel, Maintenance and repairs and before income taxes.

$1712 - Costs of fuel to Uber for 2016 for small SUV (Rav4) that gets 9.2 km/L or 22 mpg

$2,532 - Expenses attributed to Uber Driving. I did not include Licensing, private insurance, Loan Interest, Winter/Summer Tire installation and parking space at home cost because I would have had to pay for these anyway if I were not uber driving. I also did not include my cell-phone charges because I have unlimited calling/texting and a very rare, grand-fathered unlimited data plan from before I started Uber driving. Although for tax purposes, you can claim those expenses.

1225 - Number of trips done in 2016. This includes the ones Uber likes to say it didn't count.

31% - The amount that Uber took from each fare for itelf. This includes my (grand-fathered) 20% commission and the booking fee for each ride. Before Uber started paying for primary insurance, it was 27%. After they started paying for insurance, 32%

When I was inputting data from the driver app to Excel, I also noticed that I had gotten considerably more Surge fares in the first half of the year than in the latter half.

Thanks for posting these numbers. This would give an idea to drivers who are doing Uberx.

You are at 20% Uber Fee. For new drivers like me it is 25%.

Do you drive full time.

#15 ·

It sounds like you used some kind of special pre-made spreadsheet, but you didn't post it. I'm sure people would appreciate it if you did.

#23 · (Edited)

Man U have shattered uber dream for most of us , u killed the hope , time to get out of this shithole

#24 ·
Dude uberx is horrible, i haven't driven for past 4 days now ever since 2017 started i stopped driving, i didn't say i wont drive anymore but honestly due to those shitty rates and working 12hrs a day to make $130-150 net a day is not a easy thing.. There are some pros here who make a killing which is why they stick around i can safely say about 10% uber drivers are actually making decent money with of course their select and xl profiles.. If i were you i would put a tv ad on with these expenses lmao

#27 ·
How much do you average per hour before expenses? I guess with all the write offs and being under 30k paying taxes on what you made probably isn't as bad as a regular 12.50 an hour job plus you have a car paid for, for personal use as well. Ttying to be optimistic...I'd like to think it's a little better than 12.50 per hour seeing as how I would have a car anyway and alot of expenses along with it regard less.

#28 ·
Car payment 340 insurance 370...gas before uber let's say 100...and say 100 bucks maintenance so 910 per month on 160 hours work. 5.68 per hour just to have my car...ain't that ****in disturbing. With or without uber I'm paying that...and if that's the case for you as well bump your wage up 5 per hour.

#29 ·
Car payment 340 insurance 370...gas before uber let's say 100...and say 100 bucks maintenance so 910 per month on 160 hours work. 5.68 per hour just to have my car...ain't that &%$@!*in disturbing. With or without uber I'm paying that...and if that's the case for you as well bump your wage up 5 per hour.
which car? and why insurance so high?

#31 ·

It's amazing for your statistical data. I wonder how's your excel sheet.

#33 ·

May I ask what area of the city, is your home base ? And in your experience would it make a difference if you lived in a different area?

#36 ·

Your $2,532. in expenses, what does that include? you mentioned it doesn't include ; parking, phone, tires, loan interest, insurance. I presume it includes repairs? although that's a lot of repairs, anything else ?

#37 ·
No. I made this spreadsheet entirely from scratch. BTW, how would I post it?
Upload it to Google Drive then convert it to a Sheets document and share the link here.
I'd really like to get this spreadsheet. I'm pretty handy at making them but having one less thing to do when someone's already built a good one would be awesome. Yam Digger if you're able to attach it to a PM even that would be really great!

#38 ·
Car payment 340 insurance 370...gas before uber let's say 100...and say 100 bucks maintenance so 910 per month on 160 hours work. 5.68 per hour just to have my car...ain't that &%$@!*in disturbing. With or without uber I'm paying that...and if that's the case for you as well bump your wage up 5 per hour.
My God that's expensive insurance. I literally pay 1/3 of that monthly and have boosted commercial insurance I have to pay for my regular job.

I'm older than you and have a clean record but your total seems really high unless you had a major offence on your license.

Shop around.

#40 ·

Sounds just about right for average driving on all counts.
Any referral fees?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.