Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a lot of pings over 12 minutes away lately. Some were coming from areas where I would expect a lot of drivers. I am not talking about pool pings, X as well. I rarely accept anything above 7 minutes. I don't think many here would take a ping that is 7-8 kms away. When you check the rider app you see a lot of drivers closer. If it is because the ping went to those drivers first and they rejected them, why keep sending pings with no surge or compensation? When will uber learn or understand that driving 7 kms with no compensation and not knowing where the pax is going is not gonna happen? I'd rather seat idle doing nothing or drive home that accept that BS.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've had that happen occasionally and just ignore the ping. Inevitably another closer ping comes along within minutes. Needless to say it does amp up the aggravation with uber.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Oh, that's easy. That's University, which means 95% some millennial students with attitude that will go somewhere around (1-2 kms max), so you'll get $3 out of this ride. That's why no one wants to accept that.

As a passenger anywhere near those areas I simply send a text to the driver with where I'm going to and mention the tip (I always tip good Uber drivers). Works like charm.

Reactions: KHITAM

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I was close to Steeles and Weston this morning and got one from South of Jane and Sheppard... 7 kms away! Can anyone think of a good reason I should accept that over being logged out? If uber knows and says in app that pax is going to go 20 kms, then I'm ok, but if it's only 2-3... no way unless they compensate. Since it is a lottery, I don't accept.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Your first pic. York U. Yup, that one got ignored by everyone closer until it came to you.
The 16 minute POOL... same thing, no one else wanted it either.

There other two... no idea.

·
Premium Member
9,001 Posts
Oh, that's easy. That's University, which means 95% some millennial students with attitude that will go somewhere around (1-2 kms max), so you'll get $3 out of this ride. That's why no one wants to accept that.

As a passenger anywhere near those areas I simply send a text to the driver with where I'm going to and mention the tip (I always tip good Uber drivers). Works like charm.
That's funny...I get lots of long rides from there. Most of them going downtown or to Yonge and 401 area. Always get the respectful ones. Guess it also depends on time of day as well.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
I've had a lot of pings over 12 minutes away lately. Some were coming from areas where I would expect a lot of drivers. I am not talking about pool pings, X as well. I rarely accept anything above 7 minutes. I don't think many here would take a ping that is 7-8 kms away. When you check the rider app you see a lot of drivers closer. If it is because the ping went to those drivers first and they rejected them, why keep sending pings with no surge or compensation? When will uber learn or understand that driving 7 kms with no compensation and not knowing where the pax is going is not gonna happen? I'd rather seat idle doing nothing or drive home that accept that BS.
There's was some problem with UBER GPS is morning sending strange pings

·
Registered
390 Posts
Remember that it's Ramadan, many drivers were off the road yesterday and likely for the next couple of days...I think Ramadan should be everyday!

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Remember that it's Ramadan, many drivers were off the road yesterday and likely for the next couple of days...I think Ramadan should be everyday!
RaMadan is over; yesterday was eid ; life is back to normal it was surging because of eid yesterday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts