Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I noticed below that article is another article for Über xchange car leasing. Is that in Canada or just in the states.

I'm tempted to ask Über CSR but past experiences have made me realize I know more what's going on than they do.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I noticed below that article is another article for Über xchange car leasing. Is that in Canada or just in the states.

I'm tempted to ask Über CSR but past experiences have made me realize I know more what's going on than they do.
I saw that as well and researched it a bit. It doesn't specify but if you do a Google search for it under uber xchange toronto you can find a link but that too doesn't specify Canada. And you're right....the CSR's are a joke. They wouldn't be able to help at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As far as I understood it the 13K is across the entire uber platform. (X, XL, select, black, SUV, taxi). Don't be surprised if they included people who haven't driven for months and people who drive over multiple platforms (i.e I drive two cars one X only and one X and XL so they might count me as 3). So that number may be very easy to inflate.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My research shows 15,000 drivers in Toronto doing 1,000,000 rides per month and with the SFR increase it puts $400,000 straight to the bottom line for Uber without any rate increase means it comes out our pockets. One would think that your "partner" would let you know that. I didn't get any email notifying me, DiD YoU?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wonder how many drivers they would be left with Uber when other companies like Lyft or Sidecar will come in to TO with tipping, interviews (to hire normal people) and other better options for drivers?

I think Uber is just shooting themselves in the foot in the long run

Oh, apparently I've discovered recently that tipping option exists in the customer app but only for cabbies lol not for UberX drivers.

Kinda demonstrates Ubers attitude towards its "drivers", eh, Actionjax?

·
4,789 Posts
They had to keep it in the app for the Uber Taxi service, otherwise no taxi driver in his right mind would sign up. They have a captive market with the UberX drivers, so there's no (perceived) need to further incentivize us.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Yep, the market is way oversaturated.

I dropped off a pax in Pearson airport today around 8 pm and took 401 all the way up to DVP and then south. It took me about 30 minutes and during this time I have not got a single ping.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
How come you didn't take the 427 to QEW? It's a lot faster and less dead KM's
Cause it's 32 kms from Pearson to my home, VS 45 km through Gardiner, so 13 kms less dead miles going home.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh you said you were looking for pings, so I thought you were heading back downtown on the DVP. Yeah I'd do same thing then since it's less KM's. By the way, how are the weekday evenings for you? Are you getting consistent surges in the downtown core?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
My rule is I try to leave the app open until the very moment I come back home for the evening, so if there are any pings, I tend to accept them, as they are either far rides or short ones around my place.

About the weekdays - I get consistent pings, but as for surges - no. I usually drive from 5 pm to 9 or 10 pm (dosn't mean the whole time, but that's the stretch). I had one today (1.4) when I went from downtown to Pearson airport, so that was alright.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I working only rush hour time on Mon-Fri. When I drop off riders at Pearson, I used to exit Western road on 401 for pick up riders. After 10min running on south Western on road, I got a call.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts