Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,126 Posts
how many of y'all benefit with this rain?? Surge was nice just like the good old days
You have no idea about the good old days, in the good old days you did not need surge, or drive a million miles and a million hours to make a good living.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I didnt work today. Feels like I missed the chance to get a Big Bank, but then I think about those cheapest rates...:cool:

You have no idea about the food of days, in the good old days you did not need surge to make a good living.
Saying good old days he meant the new year night when we got a great 20 minute surge lmao

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
With the surge and upfront fare you need to be lucky to get a good one fare. I'm not a veteran but I remember in December in 2015 almost every evening a long trip with surge above 2.1 after the company party. This past December was dead and right now we are just celebrating the funeral.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Tonight was a decent night, I made $487 and only drove 6 hours not bad at all.
with Uber? Have pictures? That's $80/hr.. Now with Lyft, you need to minus 30-35% from that total
Also, 6 hours driven or 6 hours from starting the shift to the end

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Why would the good trips go to the newbies? I was under the impression that the trips are dispatched based on a driver's proximity to passengers.
Not at all. There are a lot of factors used to match drivers and passengers and proximity is not the greatest of them, it seems. There are a lot of examples here in the forum where people discuss a pax standing right next to an Uber and getting connected to someone a mile away.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Stfu already with all this gibberish bs. Dude said he made what he made in said hours. Which is awesome.... Nuff said move on.
Although I would love to cherish his accomplishment, I find it nearly impossible for us to make that kind of $ in 6 hours.
Nothing wrong with asking for a picture as I find those numbers being a bit over exaggerated. Don't want people to be misguided or overly motivated to drive for Uber with false information
Also, stay out if this does not concern you.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Not really I'm on my 6th week and haven't got a 100+ dollar trip yet.
I definitely haven't gotten a $100 trip yet. I'm much more interested in hitting the guarantees, so I don't worry about the dollar amount of the trips. It's my understanding that if I earn less than $1,500 in each of my first 4 weeks, then Uber will pay the difference.... so I actually prefer short trips in the City (i.e. West 82nd St / CPW and East 72nd / 5th Ave.).

K.O.N.Y. - did you get the guarantees in your first 4 weeks?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I definitely haven't gotten a $100 trip yet. I'm much more interested in hitting the guarantees, so I don't worry about the dollar amount of the trips. It's my understanding that if I earn less than $1,500 in each of my first 4 weeks, then Uber will pay the difference.... so I actually prefer short trips in the City (i.e. West 82nd St / CPW and East 72nd / 5th Ave.).

K.O.N.Y. - did you get the guarantees in your first 4 weeks?
Do the guarantees man. I didn't and I regret I didn't rip off Uber when I could.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dirt cheap rates but the best you can do now on X..This was earlier today
u lucky to get a ride in CT to JFK after you got there??! how the hell u end up with that? did u put in destination trip and circle the hotels!?!?

I didnt work today. Feels like I missed the chance to get a Big Bank, but then I think about those cheapest rates...:cool:

Saying good old days he meant the new year night when we got a great 20 minute surge lmao
when those dumb surges come, it last only 15 minutes at most?!? yeah that's when everyone clicks for the ride and end up looking for a yellow cab .. surge disappears fast!?!?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts