Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to risk any damage to my car, nor will a risk getting stuck in the snow, nor will I risk my personal safety for ANY app or pax.
I will be catching up on the Walking Dead season 7. I will enjoy with my family who will also stay home.
Are you guys planning to work? if so Why?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not going to risk any damage to my car, nor will a risk getting stuck in the snow, nor will I risk my personal safety for ANY app or pax.
I will be catching up on the Walking Dead season 7. I will enjoy with my family who will also stay home.
I have two jobs. Def not driving, if other job is canceled tomorrow then I'm catching up on sleep and HTGAWM

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Couldn't of said it better myself

·
Banned
274 Posts
I will also not drive but open and accept few calls to mess up with riders. I will call them to say am stuck in snow and let them cancel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you do street parking like myself I would advise finding the first spot on the block for an easier exit. I've seen too many cars damage other cars trying to get out of tight spots in the snow over the years. Definitely not driving in this snow storm. Good luck to whoever does!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have two jobs. Def not driving, if other job is canceled tomorrow then I'm catching up on sleep and HTGAWM
I'm waiting til this is on Netflix.... it's on Hulu right ? I dn't have Hulu, but I wish I did....... maybe I can do the free trial for a month, watch it and cancel lol I watched the first 2 seasons....

I will also not drive but open and accept few calls to mess up with riders. I will call them to say am stuck in snow and let them cancel.
Does this count against your Cancellation Rate? I cancelled 2 times this morning and my number went from 7% cancellation to 11%. How the Fxck can 2 cancellations do that !!?? Ugh.... makes me sick!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
No way Jose , plus there won't be any surges since everyone is staying home. Unless you're renting a 4x4 and you're wearing a helmet, not worthed.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
No way Jose , plus there won't be any surges since everyone is staying home. Unless you're renting a 4x4 and you're wearing a helmet, not worthed.
Interesting. I should NOT have cancelled on those people today. I should have made THEM cancel me!

The problem was that one was ON 110th street. I pulled over and read the requirements for the guarantee and saw that I had to pick up 25 pax BELOW 110th street, so i cancelled on him. I drove all the way to Manhattan JUST to get those 25 rides in, so I wasn't gonna waste a trip on someone ON 110th.... what if he needed to go somewhere far like JFK... a waste!

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you do street parking like myself I would advise finding the first spot on the block for an easier exit. I've seen too many cars damage other cars trying to get out of tight spots in the snow over the years. Definitely not driving in this snow storm. Good luck to whoever does!
Also, if parking on a one way street then park on the left side of the street as the plows are usually angled to the right and that's where the pile up all the snow.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I am going to my 9 to 5 with my car. I will not drive afterward and I will come straight home. I live and work in Queens so hopefully traffic is ok. The surge will be insanely high but it will be chaos. It isnt worth the risk of driving with crazy yellow taxis in Manhattan who will see an oppurtunity to make more money.

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts
Not worth it. The cons outweigh the pros

High risk of accident
High risk of law suit
Rude ppl
1000 dollar deductible
Injury/death

1 - 14 of 14 Posts