Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Just drive and don't waste time asking questions. You've got time and you know where you need to go. And you know why you need to do it. How long has it been, 3 months? You're going to let fatigue ruin it now? The next 5 hours will define you the rest of your life. Do you want to be a champion or do you want to quit because you got a little tired? Well it takes courage to be a champion, not question askers, courage. That comes from within. You can't be afraid to succeed now. You've come too far and sacrificed too much to do this to yourself. No get out there and come back a champion. And LyftOn!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I need 12 rides on Lyft by 5am. Doable? If so where would be a good place to try?
Anything north of the 10 seems to be good for Lyft. Santa Monica, UCLA, Hollywood, DTLA...

It's really only 2 rides an hour so it's doable.

Take Line requests and cancel on anyone that's going too far. Screw 'em, they'll get another driver in a couple minutes.

Wishing you luck!

Edit: absolutely no airport runs!!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Just drive and don't waste time asking questions. You've got time and you know where you need to go. And you know why you need to do it. How long has it been, 3 months? You're going to let fatigue ruin it now? The next 5 hours will define you the rest of your life. Do you want to be a champion or do you want to quit because you got a little tired? Well it takes courage to be a champion, not question askers, courage. That comes from within. You can't be afraid to succeed now. You've come too far and sacrificed too much to do this to yourself. No get out there and come back a champion. And LyftOn!
you should write a book tedgey

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
And give you 31 minute pings.

Or worse yet, if you have a multiclass, lock you into Plus or Premier only pings without telling you....and THEN deprioritize you in that category too

You will probably get down to the last one and have trouble getting a ride.

You will be extremely deprioritized if sending you a ping means paying out a fat bonus.

They will ping drivers 15 min out before they lose $100 or whatever even if the rider is standing next to your car.

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
Dang, I'm pumped to drive Lyft now and I'm not even a Lyft Driver.

Screw it, I heard the message loud and clear. I got courage. I can do it. I will never give up.

Gonna get some of my son's old pink crayons and make a Lyft Trade Dress. I got this sh$t.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Dang, I'm pumped to drive Lyft now and I'm not even a Lyft Driver.

Screw it, I heard the message loud and clear. I got courage. I can do it. I will never give up.

Gonna get some of my son's old pink crayons and make a Lyft Trade Dress. I got this
And to think this stuff's gonna be LEGAL in a few months.... facepalm California

·
Registered
336 Posts
Any place with a large number of gays, minorities, and liberals are great for Lyft rides.

West Hollywood, Silver Lake, Santa Monica, Downtown, Huntington Park, even south central is good if you are brave because they have been using Lyft because they hate Trump and most drivers avoid the area.

I needed 19 peak hour rides Saturday and I got 3-4 rides per hour in the worst ghetto areas south of the 10, east of the 110, west of the 710, and north of the 91
wow.. you really are a slimebucket.. ... whats funny is you so quick to put down everyone that not white like you.. but yur boy donald gives zero fux about yur
broke ass too..

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
He IS prejudiced....BUT his market research is correct

Trent, straight white republican from Newport likely uses Uber

Meanwhile, a minority crossdresser ping from a motel along PCH will almost surely be Lyft

....what he omits is that Trent from Newport is far FAR more likely to be bad news (or at least rude and obnoxious) than a black dude who chooses to wear a skirt heels and fake eyelashes

And 6'4" Jason in a skirt is far more likely to tip

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
He IS prejudiced....BUT his market research is correct

Trent, straight white republican from Newport likely uses Uber

Meanwhile, a minority crossdresser ping from a motel along PCH will almost surely be Lyft

....what he omits is that Trent from Newport is far FAR more likely to be bad news (or at least rude and obnoxious) than a black dude who chooses to wear a skirt heels and fake eyelashes

And 6'4" Jason in a skirt is far more likely to tip
Black dude tipped me last night $.47 and a thigh from Popeyes. He gave me the choice between a thigh and a wing. I thought I was taking advantage by going thigh but he was glad and told me he was afraid I was going to say wing. I felt he should have gotten cole slaw instead of fries but he said even though he likes KFC cole slaw, he doesn't care much for Popeyes.

Good times. Good times.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Black dude tipped me last night $.47 and a thigh from Popeyes. He gave me the choice between a thigh and a wing. I thought I was taking advantage by going thigh but he was glad and told me he was afraid I was going to say wing. I felt he should have gotten cole slaw instead of fries but he said even though he likes KFC cole slaw, he doesn't care much for Popeyes.

Good times. Good times.
No mashed potatoes? :eek:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts