Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting constantly trip requests 10km+ to get to pax. I've already denied 10 requests. What would you do? Just keep waiting out or go and then you learn it's a 1km ride.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at Ajax and kept getting pings to Oshawa and Whitby. It was constant pings from different pax too.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I was at Ajax and kept getting pings to Oshawa and Whitby. It was constant pings from different pax too.
Accept it and most likely because of the distance and the long time it will take, the rider will cancel it. If not, call the rider casually, confirm the pick up address and tell them due to traffic and distance it would take you x amount of time (example 20-30 minutes) to get to you. Would you like to wait. Most likely the rider will reply no. Then tell the "rider" go ahead and cancel it, as you get 5 minutes to cancel before you get charge... this will help you stay out of timeouts...

Good luck..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I did last night as I didn't want to drive all the way there and fear they may cancel. Pax said he wouldn't wait so he canceled.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm getting constantly trip requests 10km+ to get to pax. I've already denied 10 requests. What would you do? Just keep waiting out or go and then you learn it's a 1km ride.
Ignore such requests and go offline for a few minutes if they're persistent.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If you drive to Oshawa you'll start getting pings from Ajax :p. Best thing when you get those is to call/ text and ask them to cancel. If they don't... Well, just move your car a bit, it's still better than being timed out. Eventually they will and if the 5 minutes pass you will probably get your fee. Cancel only if forced to. No money in driving 10 kms unless it's a big surge... And usually they cancel before the stupid 5 minutes leaving you driving for nothing.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
U can call rider and ask where is he going as u r making an effort going 10 kilometres, still I would not advice u to venture 10 kilometres pickup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts