Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up Aisha.
Seems nice as we exchange pleasantries.
Aisha begins conversation on speakerphone with her friend.
Tells her about her wedding planned for new years eve... yadda yadda yadda.
Aisha thens begins discussing cost and such and how she is ONLY budgeting $100,000 for a wedding of 200 guests. WTF!!!
I almost drove into a ditch upon hearing that.
Drop off at her hotel. Thanks. Bye.
PS: Aisha did NOT budget a penny towards giving me a tip :mad:

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,287 Posts
Destination weddings are expensive. I have 6 destination wedding spots that I get ride requests to and from all the time. They drop lots of money in these weddings. Hey if they have the money all the power to them. They keep a whole lot of people around here employed.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Destination weddings are expensive. I have 6 destination wedding spots that I get ride requests to and from all the time. They drop lots of money in these weddings. Hey if they have the money all the power to them. They keep a whole lot of people around here employed.
Just plain stupid.
Especially since 50% of them will get divorced in the near future.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
7,287 Posts
In certain cultures, the wedding lasts for DAYS. Was she from India?
In my area they do destination weddings, it is a 3 day event. A typical week at these properties goes like this:

Monday: Meet the family and rehearsal dinner/party. All guests are invited.
Tuesday: Wedding Day and Reception
Wednesday: Good Bye Brunch and activities, That group is done.
Thursday: Day off for Staff
Friday: Meet the family and rehearsal dinner/party. All guests are invited.
Saturday: Wedding Day and Reception
Sunday: Good Bye Brunch and activities, That group is done.

·
Premium Member
12,433 Posts
Wifey and I drove to Tahoe.
I went up to the counter at the courthouse and asked, "How much for a dog license? How much for a marriage license?" The marriage license was less so I bought one.
The next day she was being wheeled down the isle in a wheel chair (yea, I had to hobble her) ... it was a lovely wedding performed by an Elvis Presley impersonator (or maybe he was real, naw, couldn't be).

·
Premium Member
13,038 Posts
$42,000 for my only Daughters wedding. I got off easy because they really wanted a western theme. BBQ IS MUCH CHEAPER than most other options

·
Premium Member
7,223 Posts
$42K-$100K for a Wedding ceremony? Wow. I don't understand how one day can be so important to be worth that much money to a person of ordinary means.

Instead of spending a years worth of income for a 1 day celebration, wouldn't it be better to take an entire year off from working just to hang out together?

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
My daughter's wedding with 125 attendees cost $42K back in 2009. Her marriage lasted 7 years.
Thankfully, the cost was split evenly between me, and my ex-son-in-law's father.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
The amount of money spent on the wedding usually has an inverse relationship to the length of time the marriage lasts.

At $100k, I give them <2 years.
I totally agree …. My brother and sister-in-law spent nearly $40,000 on their wedding, they were divorced 10 years later. My husband and I on the other hand only spent about $3000 on our wedding and 17 years later we’re still married and happy

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Pick up Aisha.
Aisha thens begins discussing cost and such and how she is ONLY budgeting $100,000 for a wedding of 200 guests. WTF!!!
Let me know where the reception is so I can crash and get some free prime rib after handing out business cards of divorce lawyers.

"Spending a lot of money on a wedding or engagement ring might not be the best way to express your love, according to a study.

That's because new research found that spending more than $20,000 on a wedding and between $2,000 to $4,000 on an engagement ring increases the risk of that marriage ending in an early divorce."

·
Premium Member
12,433 Posts
Let me know where the reception is so I can crash and get some free prime rib
Prime rib, eh?
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

I found wedding receptions to be very, very target rich for picking up women. Something about a sad and lonely bridesmaid that just makes my ... heart .... melt.
I used to like weddings better than disco bars at 1:30 am.

Different kinds of chicks though. One is a happy, high and party feel. The other has a feel of desperation and a spot that urgently needs to be itched.

·
Premium Member
64,590 Posts
Pick up Aisha.
Just a Fraction of what the Divorce will cost !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts