Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Is there much business in the Avon area, or did you have to deadhead back to Hartford?

If that was the case, the trip was a loser for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there much business in the Avon area, or did you have to deadhead back to Hartford?

If that was the case, the trip was a loser for you.
Noting in Avon after that one. I had to go back to Newington because I headed home..I didn't want to drive anymore after that trip.

·
Registered
952 Posts
avon is drying up.no students in area and drivers are sick of driving 15 mins to get to someone just to drive them a short ride to some shopping area on RT44. many drivers bailing on area , which in return causes riders to have to wait 15-20 mins for a driver, so as time goes they bail on uber. the farther west you go on rt 44 the harder it is for both sides

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
avon is drying up.no students in area and drivers are sick of driving 15 mins to get to someone just to drive them a short ride to some shopping area on RT44. many drivers bailing on area , which in return causes riders to have to wait 15-20 mins for a driver, so as time goes they bail on uber. the farther west you go on rt 44 the harder it is for both sides
It would seem to me that this is the kind of problem that the Uber system could address where taxis could not because of the cab industry's state and city regulated fares.

Uber's flexible pricing scheme could raise the fares and reduce the Uber commish on these trips to make it profitable for drivers to take the trips and thus make it easier for patrons in Avon and similar areas across the Fruited Plain to actually receive the service they want.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Ten miles for ten bucks... Thats pretty much the norm.
Actually, it was a lot more than 10 miles for the 10 bucks in this situation. The driver reported a 14 minute trip to pick up the people and a dead head trip back to their home base after it was through.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, it was a lot more than 10 miles for the 10 bucks in this situation. The driver reported a 14 minute trip to pick up the people and a dead head trip back to their home base after it was through.
And it was 33 minutes to go back home

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's why you only accept rides 10 min and under, with a possible surge exception. You should have used the "on the way home" feature of your going to complain about distance home.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
That's why you only accept rides 10 min and under, with a possible surge exception. You should have used the "on the way home" feature of your going to complain about distance home.
When I was driving a cab, my general limit was 5 minutes.

The exceptions were if it was promised by the dispatcher to be a choice trip going somewhere, or if I was out in the boonies already and the trip was on the way back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh God why there is always someone that can't just stop talking! Congratulations in your success. Just give your advice in a constructive way and stop pretending you know everything.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The problem with it being 24 minutes, is that's hardly any highway miles. Anytime you take a trip and no highway unless it's a base fare, the reality is going to hurt.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good strategy, but know that Uber will slap you on the wrist you and eventually shut you off.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You averaged about 27 MPH. That's the problem.

This is why I:

1) Fly by night. I am hauling about 5 MPH above the speed limit with a passenger and 15-20 MPH above on the way to a ping. When cruising I am well below the speed limit, because it saves gas and decreases the chance of me whizzing past an exit or turn as I accept a ping. Driving in heavy traffic is not very profitable unless there is a surge.

2) Stick close to the interstates and other major highways. It helps you get to pax quicker and increases the chances of your ride being one where you can make fast miles.

·
Registered
555 Posts
You averaged about 27 MPH. That's the problem.

This is why I:

1) Fly by night. I am hauling about 5 MPH above the speed limit with a passenger and 15-20 MPH above on the way to a ping. When cruising I am well below the speed limit, because it saves gas and decreases the chance of me whizzing past an exit or turn as I accept a ping. Driving in heavy traffic is not very profitable unless there is a surge.

2) Stick close to the interstates and other major highways. It helps you get to pax quicker and increases the chances of your ride being one where you can make fast miles.
If you get one or two tickets, when they run your background check at your one year anniversary, you'll get deactivated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts