2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
11,813 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
That list was compiled by someone who has no clue what the Standard of Living is or how to compare it, and is basing their opinion (which is all it is) on a very slim (and meangingless) criteria for what makes a city a good Uber driving location.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I drive in Baltimore and nearby areas. I have tried DC as well. I think it was pretty busy and steady, 24/7, NYC-like etc. I'm curious if anyone here is making 6 figures driving full time in a major city? I've thought about relocation, but not sure where. I guess if I were to drive in NYC, I'd like to live somewhere cheaper than NYC. Does it work if I were to live in NYC suburbs somewhere in NJ and drive in to NYC to do this kind of job full time?

Baltimore is sort of slow-steady on weekdays and OK-steady on the weekends. It's not DC-level, yet. I've picked up customers who would rather go to the DC zoo than the Baltimore zoo. Can you imagine that!? They were staying closer to Baltimore about 15 minutes away yet would rather take a 45-55 minute trip to DC!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I drive in Baltimore and nearby areas. I have tried DC as well. I think it was pretty busy and steady, 24/7, NYC-like etc. I'm curious if anyone here is making 6 figures driving full time in a major city? I've thought about relocation, but not sure where. I guess if I were to drive in NYC, I'd like to live somewhere cheaper than NYC. Does it work if I were to live in NYC suburbs somewhere in NJ and drive in to NYC to do this kind of job full time?

Baltimore is sort of slow-steady on weekdays and OK-steady on the weekends. It's not DC-level, yet. I've picked up customers who would rather go to the DC zoo than the Baltimore zoo. Can you imagine that!? They were staying closer to Baltimore about 15 minutes away yet would rather take a 45-55 minute trip to DC!
Find a cheaper place in the "less desirable" areas of Queens or Brooklyn. The Long Island suburbs are expensive. If you live in the Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, or New Jersey then you have to deal with daily bridge tolls. Less important if your first fare is into Manhattan then Uber will pay the toll.

BTW, it probably requires 60-80 hour weeks to make six-figures. Possible if you mostly sleep in your car, pee in a cup, and have no other life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts