Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I skipped the a.m. shift. There have been a shit ton of drivers in the a.m. They sit and sit. I don't feel one iota for the guy who drives into my neighborhood and camps out at the grocery store lot.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yes, mornings are getting worse. More drivers on the road. There were posts about new drivers getting most of the pings. That appears to be a way for Uber to get new drivers hooked. After a couple of weeks, the new drivers getting the pings, tapper off and get on the back of the bus like the rest of us.

If you don't have regular clients, it's getting tougher. Work on getting the pax that pings you to give you info on picking them up again and again. There are some drivers that are working longer hours. Check this forum for those drivers that go out in the morning from 3AM 'til 11AM-1PM, and then again at night.

Remember, use your Uber Rider App to check where the other drivers are at. Don't bunch up. Leave 1 block distance between the other drivers. Don't park on the same street, unless it's a hotel or convention going on.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I got 3 rides surge rides this am. I'm at $42. No lax runs. 5-6am surge has been missing pass couple weeks. Drivers are submarining a lot more too

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very slow day. Went home for lunch, guy pings me for a Select about two blocks from me. Roll up, dude has a giant poster board for some kind of presentation and is pissed when he can't fit it in the back of my car. Of course, the poster was enormous, probably have trouble fitting it into a small SUV

Gonna eat my salad and hope things pick up this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I'm positive Uber prefers new drivers with pings. I've had a pax in my car and it pings 2 different drivers 5 minutes away with 5.0 ratings. Even waited a minute for the system delay.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm positive Uber prefers new drivers with pings. I've had a pax in my car and it pings 2 different drivers 5 minutes away with 5.0 ratings. Even waited a minute for the system delay.
What do you do in that case? Is there a way around that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HAHAHAHA to LAndrea's post.

Yeah, I was down in Anaheim and waited from 4-5 at one of the usual busy spots...nothing. So I decided to cut my losses and went home and slept. Kept the app open all the way home, 20 min drive...no ping. UGH. Should have drove monday and tuesday morning instead of sleeping in. Guess i'll try again next week

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just got lucky. Answered an X just to get things moving, guys going to LAX and it ends up around $23... on my way back, get a Select ping, drive a guy from Playa Vista to downtown for $91.50. Basically saved the day. Hoping people are going out on Thursday night and get some action to finish out strong.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i believe the lyft promo is having success taking away business from uber because they cut the price in half, now i am getting more requests from lyft than with uberX

1 - 20 of 20 Posts