Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 year, 3000 rides, 4.5☆ and a nice congratulations email from Uber. Next day, suspended by Uber for Checkr-update background check. No tickets, no changes.
5 days off and counting. Check is done, waiting for Uber.
Email and calls Uber tells me to wait up to 15 days.
Happy Anniversary to me!
Glad I do Lyft too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
4.5 is not very good, back in the day I got a handful of one stars, two times I went to drop the rider off and the app would not let me end the trip so the rider thought I was going to Miami and charge them = one star, then I had a bunch of $100 to $200 surge rides and got one stared just because of the price, people had no idea it was coming and got pissed after I left, I never got below 4.7 and got it back to 4.95

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No, much lower to deactivate
It's a typo, my actual is 4.9 but thanks for bringing that up. Very helpful.
Meanwhile, my point is that Uber is so lame that they dont pre-check you before your anniversary but instead they suspend the very drivers they've been pushing all year.
Meanwhile, Lyft has been good to me this week. Way to help Lyft, Uber.

4.5 is not very good, back in the day I got a handful of one stars, two times I went to drop the rider off and the app would not let me end the trip so the rider thought I was going to Miami and charge them = one star, then I had a bunch of $100 to $200 surge rides and got one stared just because of the price, people had no idea it was coming and got pissed after I left, I never got below 4.7 and got it back to 4.95
Youre great, good job. Stars are awesome. As I said its 4.9 typo but 4.5 is ok too. Some people try to swipe thru the stars and you get one. High school kids give you 1 star just to be stupid. Other people don't realize that 4 stars is a FAIL. Many new drivers dont realize that once 5 is gone, it wont be back. It's all a scam to keep you sucking up and Uber looking good while it pushes you from the first down rating and on. I have a retirement income and this is an easy way to put 100 bucks profit in my bank any day I go out. I wouldnt want to depend on rideshare for a living.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No, much lower to deactivate
It's a typo, my actual is 4.9 but thanks for bringing that up. Very helpful.
Meanwhile, my point is that Uber is so lame that they dont pre-check you before your anniversary but instead they suspend the very drivers they've been pushing all year.
Meanwhile, Lyft has been good to me this week. Way to help Lyft, Uber.

Youre great, good job. Stars are awesome. As I said its 4.9 typo but 4.5 is ok too. Some people try to swipe thru the stars and you get one. High school kids give you 1 star just to be stupid. Other people don't realize that 4 stars is a FAIL. Many new drivers dont realize that once 5 is gone, it wont be back. It's all a scam to keep you sucking up and Uber looking good while it pushes you from the first down rating and on. I have a retirement income and this is an easy way to put 100 bucks profit in my bank any day I go out. I wouldnt want to depend on rideshare for a living.
really no way to tell what you profit before trading cars, it's probably the number one reason drivers think they are profitable because at this point in the game they have no idea what those miles cost them, sure you can go out and get some income revenue but revenue does not equal profit, as long as you can keep it under 15,000 miles a year it won't hurt ya anymore than just an average Joe with a car depreciating like they all do. Now if you look at this as a business it's a whole different ballgame or IMO Uber is a scam / waste of time, but hey maybe you have no life and need to burn money and time meeting new people. Just an idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really no way to tell what you profit before trading cars, it's probably the number one reason drivers think they are profitable because at this point in the game they have no idea what those miles cost them, sure you can go out and get some income revenue but revenue does not equal profit, as long as you can keep it under 15,000 miles a year it won't hurt ya anymore than just an average Joe with a car depreciating like they all do. Now if you look at this as a business it's a whole different ballgame or IMO Uber is a scam / waste of time, but hey maybe you have no life and need to burn money and time meeting new people. Just an idea.
Wear and tear, miles and gas. You run it like any business. I have a leased car and contract miles left on it so mileage doesn't really matter, I have them to use AND write off. It was part of my decision to do Uber and Lyft. The other part is planning. No miles without a ping or a pax. Know where and when to drive. Platinum information on how far/direction helps a lot. I laugh when I read the complaints and bad advice on here. Sure, wait at the airport, Disney or Panera, you're in a hangout queue if you're hanging out for the Starbucks free wifi. Drive in circles, chase the surges. Burn gas. Wear out rubber.
My pings are usually one after the other. Back online with Uber, took 8 days. Made my $ doing other. Best regards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Simple accounting practices help in knowing if you are profiting or not. Expense accounts such as maintenance, phone, fuel, supplies, loan interest (if you're financing your vehicle), vehicle insurance, and vehicle depreciation can be figured out and it's fairly easy once you get familiar with the system. You usually get monthly bills for the phone, loan interest, and insurance (if you do the installment plan) and you can estimate your depreciation online (I check mine through Kelley Blue Book at the end of the month). This makes it easier when you decide to trade your current vehicle.

Using an Excel spreadsheet, I can see if I'm making a profit/loss at any time during the month and I have options to see if I can break even if I'm low. Quickbooks I understand makes this easier from what I understand.

Also , everyone knows to keep all of those receipts for anything for your vehicle. My Expedition has an MPG gauge so I can figure out how much fuel expense is a little more accurately.

If you know where your money is going, then you will have the knowledge to make better informed choices.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.