Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys drive during these non boosted periods in CC? i personally dont , normally take a break u less a LD comes through or a surge appears

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
I can't. Uber has suppressed surge like crazy. It was "surging" all day, but when I get 1.6 on a rainy Saturday I just get disgusted at people that drive for that.

Also, here;

Gadget Font Screenshot Material property Clock

Seriously. All day long and yesterday. 3 pings a minute while surge is 1.7 or less. Nope. I look in pax app for rates and see uber charging 2x for base rate trips. I just won't support this.

I should stress that most pings were base while my phone chirped and chirped

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
Do you guys drive during these non boosted periods in CC? i personally dont , normally take a break u less a LD comes through or a surge appears
i did two rides between midnight and 1:45am.

i took a passenger from Bryn Mawr to South Philly at 1.8x
and a little later a ride from cc to Downingtown at 2.2x

My take on these two rides is $108

great night, I usually don't work Saturday nights, but this couldn't have been better.

boost will probably be limited for a little while. demand is a little lower. no more college kids to drive around... and a handful of the students drive for Uber on their break.

money's still out there, though.

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts

great night, I usually don't work Saturday nights, but this couldn't have been better.

boost will probably be limited for a little while. demand is a little lower. no more college kids to drive around... and a handful of the students drive for Uber on their break.

The profit maximizing way for those two rides

Gotta add miles to get the majority of the upfront fare Uber charged the passengers. You are NOT ripping off the passenger by going the long way. Uber ALREADY ripped off the passenger by charging them extra. You are just getting your fair share.
If it were me I'd have earned over $200 on those rides at those surges

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

"A handful"

Hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts

Gotta add miles to get the majority of the upfront fare Uber charged the passengers. You are NOT ripping off the passenger by going the long way. Uber ALREADY ripped off the passenger by charging them extra. You are just getting your fair share.
damn, I wish I could pull that off successfully.

i try feeling out the passenger. if they're local, I just get on 76/202/30.

if they're not local, I'd probably try going your long way.

there were times I've given airport rides from cc, and went 676 to 95 instead of 76 to the Platt, and i get called out. "why are you going this way? my rider app shows you're going the wrong way" etc.

taking 95 over 76 to PHL, is only milking a few dollars extra - and people still bi*ch.

Honestly I'd be afraid to try that super long way to Downingtown. I don't wanna be called out, I hate confrontation, I don't like feeling stressed or uncomfortable.

I'd rather have gotten 200$
but $108 was pretty good for 2 hours.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts

How many miles is that? I did $84 on 4 rides with 20 total miles driven. 12 miles with pax, 8 dead miles. All ove 200% primetime. 3 of 4 pings from my sofa :D

Thats why P/T is the way to go for this gig. If you have another source of income you can look at 2x or 100% and not care seeing the timer go to zero.

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
you got to grow some balls....put them in car go 1-95 s. if confronted them this is best way 2nt. they are moving the liberty bell tonight . for its monthly cleaning. don't tell anyone it's secret .

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Also, Metallica was at the line this weekend? Wtf. I was unaware, but looking at the app I had no idea anything special was happening. I guess they've really surge capped hard. Totally prepared for Memorial Day to be a joke.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Also, Metallica was at the line this weekend? Wtf. I was unaware, but looking at the app I had no idea anything special was happening. I guess they've really surge capped hard. Totally prepared for Memorial Day to be a joke.
Last year. There wasn't shit last night.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Not sure about memorial day... But labor day weekend surged really hard. Especially the Friday before

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts

Dude - I recognize that app as RadarScope! My favorite weather radar app. How did you incorporate it into GPS!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts