Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I obsess a bit on ratings and long for that elusive 4.9 or at least to raise myself up from 4.81 which I thought was pretty good but my weekly summary tells me unfortunately is below average. They suggest I open more car doors to up my rating which I do when possible and not try to sell people stuff which I never have. Tonight I did 4 trips on the spur of the moment because a class I was going to cancelled. I just got home and saw my rating for today was 0.0. First I tripped then realized that must mean none of the four rated me yet. The app was going a little haywire because after I went offline the Waze navigation kept going until I powered my phone on and off. The lowest rating is a 1, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
I've heard you need 5 ratings before any show up... Uber does not want the driver to figure out who rated them

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really appreciate learning that almost as much as your FINDING NEMO avatar which is one of the greatest movies ever. I will be staring at that 0.0 until I go back online. I see you are from LA also. Boy, I promised myself I would avoid downtown. It's my least favorite. Most common place to pick up 1 mile fares, get pickup addresses between multiple blocks, one way streets, and encounter closed streets with police or food festivals when your pax wants to be dropped off somewhere behind the barricades. Tonight I kept driving out of downtown to have the next fare bring me right back there. Guess it's luck of the draw.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I first started, I got all caught up in possible deactivation. Then I realized that my Uber experience became all about trying to fine tune performance of the task and do my personal best like improving finishing time on the LA Marathon. I know it's kind of crazy. It should just be an easy way to make some extra cash totally at my convenience. I learn from you guys on the forum all the time but as for now, it hasn't been a get rich quick plan. Especially with the advent of Uber pool and the frequency of riders using Uber to go around the block, I've yet to figure out the magic formula for making more bank besides work more than 4 hours at a time. What I have enjoyed is a few really cool passengers like a show runner for a big hit TV show who felt like telling me how he herds all those cats to meet the network deadlines. Fascinating. Better than Charlie Rose and in my backseat. Totally aside from the money, I must admit to chasing the 5.0. I want to add satellite radio with laminated menus in the rear pockets like one of you suggested. I like keeping my car spotless and taking the cues whether people want to talk or not. Maybe this is something to confess to Dr. Freud, but I just hate that boiler plate weekly summary which tells me I need to pass 4.87 just to avoid that condescending list of suggestions on how to improve my service which don't apply to me. How did 4.86 out of 5.0 get designated as below average? I may be behind the wheel but if I'm going to keep doing this I better chill and learn how to enjoy the ride.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I know I obsess a bit on ratings and long for that elusive 4.9 or at least to raise myself up from 4.81 which I thought was pretty good but my weekly summary tells me unfortunately is below average. They suggest I open more car doors to up my rating which I do when possible and not try to sell people stuff which I never have. Tonight I did 4 trips on the spur of the moment because a class I was going to cancelled. I just got home and saw my rating for today was 0.0. First I tripped then realized that must mean none of the four rated me yet. The app was going a little haywire because after I went offline the Waze navigation kept going until I powered my phone on and off. The lowest rating is a 1, isn't it?
If you look at your daily daily trip summary it should tell the # of pax that have rated you. At this point I would say 0 out of 4.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. As usual, I jumped the gun worrying about it and this morning saw that 5.0 I wanted so badly. I definitely appreciate this forum. It ranges from funny as hell to really informative and fills that void left when you feel your employer is an operating system.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I think you need a certain number of ratings in a 24 hour. Otherwise it'll show 00

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
It ... fills that void left when you feel your employer is an operating system.
whoa ... you are waaay too bright to be driving Uber (or worrying about your ratings).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts