Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New York Black Car Operators' Injury Compensation Fund is trying to tint its windows.

The semi-private benefit fund-which is bankrolled by surcharges on every Uber, Lyft, Via and corporate Lincoln Town Car ride in the state-is seeking to shield its most recent financial disclosures from public view.

Black Car Fund in recent years has spent roughly $2 million on political contributions and lobbying, potentially in violation of its charter documents, Crain's found.

The fund's budget-the vast majority of which goes to paying drivers who are injured on the job-?swelled when vehicles operating for Uber were deemed black cars and New Yorkers' use of the app took off beginning in 2014.?

In the April report, Crain's revealed that the Fund had purchased a Long Island City warehouse, transferred the deed to a limited liability company and donated $165,200 from the LLC to state politicians.

Crain's could not ascertain how the donations complied with campaign laws barring pass-through contributions.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This is the biggest scam in the black car industry in NYC

I was in an accident and these pieces of crap don't wanna pay me

They are supposed to use our money to help us, now i have to drag them to court to get paid for the time i was not working.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
I thought they supposed to pay if u get into work related Injuries? Daaam don't tell me this is like MTA they formed BCF and now loads of mulla coming there way but nothing is going to the driver's ? . I better go get my free lens and glasses lol before this bubble gets blown by the city and TLC takes over this.:confusion:

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
OH YEAH! When they want don't transparency, you know they crooked!

I thought they supposed to pay if u get into work related Injuries? Daaam don't tell me this is like MTA they formed BCF and now loads of mulla coming there way but nothing is going to the driver's ? . I better go get my free lens and glasses lol before this bubble gets blown by the city and TLC takes over this.:confusion:
yeah free glasses and lens are cheap to them. It's jsut like the peanuts we get to stay happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts