Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
“Inflation is not going to be transitory,” Mohammed El-Erian, the chief economic adviser at Allianz SE, told Bloomberg TV on Friday. “I have a whole list of companies that have announced price increases, that have told us they expect further price increases, and that they expect them to stick,” he added.

Wages seem to have increased in recent months amid rising demand for workers, according to the Labor Department. Increased pay may be longer-lasting than high inflation, since businesses often don’t cut pay after raising it, Houseman said.

“We typically don’t give people wage cuts,” she said. “Employers typically don’t do that.

“So in that sense, they’re stickier.”

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Money . Wages . I want to compare inflation in my opinion . 1994 i ran a landscaping business . Each house i averaged 15 to 20 bucks per each lawn . Today its 20 to 25 bucks per lawn. Do you see the problem here ?
Same amount paid . 1995 a can of soup . 45 to 60c. Today i see it average of 2.00 to 2.50 each .
Average hourly wage for a mechanic is 1997 . 18 per hour . Today very average is 20 to 25 that is a medium wage of 50 % of workers . That can of food cost four times as much . Your salary is about the same as 1995.
In 1995 if you made 500 weekly you were doing ok . You owned a lot of fun toys .
Today 500 covers gasoline food utility bills .

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adjusted for inflation, workers made more money in the 70's than they do today, so essentially average salaries have been flat for the last several decades, due to a variety of factors, such as automation, shifting production overseas, and demand for cheaper goods and services at home.

The funny thing is that many of these Gig companies have been slashing worker pay for several years, but their excuse is that lower fares will increase demand and drive competitors out of business, so that they can enjoy a monopoly of sorts and then start raising their prices, which is exactly what's happening now, but their is very little trickle down to the drivers and delivery app workers.

·
Banned
50 Posts
“Inflation is not going to be transitory,” Mohammed El-Erian, the chief economic adviser at Allianz SE, told Bloomberg TV on Friday. “I have a whole list of companies that have announced price increases, that have told us they expect further price increases, and that they expect them to stick,” he added.

Wages seem to have increased in recent months amid rising demand for workers, according to the Labor Department. Increased pay may be longer-lasting than high inflation, since businesses often don’t cut pay after raising it, Houseman said.

“We typically don’t give people wage cuts,” she said. “Employers typically don’t do that.

“So in that sense, they’re stickier.”
Warsaw, besides ubering for Daras scraps and complaining on forums, do you have anything else going on? Apply for any real jobs?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warsaw, besides ubering for Daras scraps and complaining on forums, do you have anything else going on? Apply for any real jobs?
Thanks for your inquiries, but before answering your questions, can you explain why you bothered to sign up for this, if you’re here to praise these Vultures?
New members need to explain themselves, before asking too many questions. Who are you? Where do you drive? How long ago and why are you so happy with this Gig?
And, if you’re so ****ing happy, why are you even here?

·
Banned
50 Posts
Thanks for your inquiries, but before answering your questions, can you explain why you bothered to sign up for this, if you’re here to praise these Vultures?
New members need to explain themselves, before asking too many questions. Who are you? Where do you drive? How long ago and why are you so happy with this Gig?
And, if you’re so ****ing happy, why are you even here?
I wouldn't call them vultures. They are capitalists making money in a mostly legal way. I don't drive anymore. I did drive a year as Select. I moved on like the vast majority of people who used to do rideshare. Now are you applying to jobs?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gig work, which is the main focus of this forum and most discussions here!
There's a city in Iran called Suzan, so are your related to Dara?

Being Lazy is bad for your future. When are you gonna apply yourself to improve your current situation?

·
Banned
50 Posts
Gig work, which is the main focus of this forum and most discussions here!
There's a city in Iran called Suzan, so are your related to Dara?

Being Lazy is bad for your future. When are you gonna apply yourself to improve your current situation?
I make over 100,000 a year. When are you going to apply or did you get rejected so that is why you are here complaining?

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure, I make over 150,000, but I still like doing some Gig work on the side.
I'm not here to complaint as such, but to get people thinking about workplace issues that are relevant and sometimes misunderstood or not even realized by a good number of active drivers.

Some people don't even realize that they're being cheated, until an audit takes place or they're made aware of the situation by their friends, coworkers, neighbors, and others.

We're all in this battle together, except those that are here to sing the praises of Dara and company and why not, Suzan is a true Iranian name!

·
Banned
50 Posts
I'm not here to complaint as such, but to get people thinking about workplace issues that are relevant and sometimes misunderstood or not even realized by a good number of active drivers.

Some people don't even realize that they're being cheated, until an audit takes place or they're made aware of the situation by their friends, coworkers, neighbors, and others.

We're all in this battle together, except those that are here to sing the praises of Dara and company and why not, Suzan is a true Iranian name!
The way you rant and rave none stop about Uber I figured you were a fulltimer. It is hard to believe someone that makes 150,000 a year would bother with rideshare unless they are really over extended. Since you are in San Francisco and it is basically the only city in the Americas where 100,000 a year is broke there I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are telling the truth. What I don't understand unless you are from San Francisco and have your own paid off house or live with family or you make at least 200,000 per year, why the hell would you choose to live there? Why don't you relocate to LA or San Diego or Chicago or Detroit or New York or Boston or New Jersey or basically any major city in the USA or Canada where you could make the same amount of money and don't have to Uber and do gigs just to keep from going homeless.

·
Banned
50 Posts

By the way all variants of Suzan derive from Persian.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Persians are Iranians, but not all Iranians are Persians!

So, does that mean you're Persian or Iranian?

·
Banned
50 Posts
Persians are Iranians, but not all Iranians are Persians!

So, does that mean you're Persian or Iranian?
That is true, not all Iranians are Persian. I am not Persian. My people do live in Iran but then again my people are all over the world in many countries. Lazy Susan is a joke on the turntable table called that name. Now let's here why you stay in San Francisco when you can't survive without Uber supplemented income?

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
Not everyone who does this does it out of necessity. Warsaw said they like doing some gig work on the side. Could be just for some play money, or they like driving.
I choose to do this fulltime not because I have to, but because I really like driving, I like people in small doses, and I like working in flip flops.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's nothing terrible about SF Bay area, but it's expensive to live here.
Not everyone can afford to pack up their stuff and move for many reasons, which should be obvious.
You didn't state your location, but I'm assuming an affordable place, but if you really make 100K in Detroit or another low life-low cost location, then that's more than enough and no need to drive U/L or any other Gig.

Whatever you do, you should go have some authentic Chinese food, where they actually have big round tables with smaller lazy-susan on top to spin the wonderful dishes for all to access and smell the wonderful aroma.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Watch Flash photography Street fashion Microphone Tree

suzan hamdan

possible Kim Kardashian relationship!

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
It's quite hard to gauge future price inflation due to the distortions in the economy from first the pandemic, and then the transfer payments, PUA, EIDL loans, et al.

I have made the argument in the past that rising wages to entice people back to work will tend to be permanent. But that does not mean wages will continue to rise.

One factor not having the effect on price inflation that many think, is monetary inflation. I didn't understand myself until just the past year. The Fed is not "printing money", i.e. creating money out of thin air via bookkeeping entries, as is widely believed. Short version: When the Fed buys a Treasury Bill or Bond from a bank, the bank does not have free access to the funds paid to it by the Fed. The funds are locked up as "bank reserves". This is not money freely flowing through the economy. It is not the source of the funds paid out to all the folks drawing PUA the past couple of years. The money (the reserves) are a bit stagnant, which tends to explain why money velocity is so low. Low velocity tends to equate to low inflation. If the Fed were to actually start printing money out of thin air (not collateralized by bank reserves), then it is expected money velocity (and prices) would rise rapidly.

Rectangle Light Product Azure Font

So where is the price inflation coming from? Supply chain interruptions, from rising wholesale prices due to a lack of truck drivers, clear up to raw materials shortages due to a lack of labor at the input level. That's the short answer. There are many moving parts.

Bottom line, although the mainstream narrative is that rising prices are here to stay, we really won't know until the supply chain, and consumer demand, stabilizes. ;>

Reactions: Nythain

·
Banned
50 Posts
There's nothing terrible about SF Bay area, but it's expensive to live here.
Not everyone can afford to pack up their stuff and move for many reasons, which should be obvious.
You didn't state your location, but I'm assuming an affordable place, but if you really make 100K in Detroit or another low life-low cost location, then that's more than enough and no need to drive U/L or any other Gig.

Whatever you do, you should go have some authentic Chinese food, where they actually have big round tables with smaller lazy-susan on top to spin the wonderful dishes for all to access and smell the wonderful aroma.
Why can't you move? Even if you were offered only 100,000 to 120,000 or even 130,000 in any city in North America outside of San Francisco, you would be better off. 130,000 even in LA or New York would go farther than150,000 in San Francisco. There are lots of open positions. I am in LA by the way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts