Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

'It hurts': Rising gas prices burn drivers for Uber, Lyft, taxis

By Sophia Kunthara

Everyone feels the pain at the pump as gas soars above $4 a gallon.

But it's worse for people whose livelihood relies on racking up miles driving for Uber, Lyft and taxi companies. As independent contractors, drivers pay gas costs themselves.

"When you work as hard as we do, and then you have to drop another 100 bucks a week or more into the gas tank, it hurts," said Steve Gregg of Antioch, who commutes to San Francisco six days a week to drive for Lyft.

· Registered
109 Posts

'It hurts': Rising gas prices burn drivers for Uber, Lyft, taxis

By Sophia Kunthara

Everyone feels the pain at the pump as gas soars above $4 a gallon.

But it's worse for people whose livelihood relies on racking up miles driving for Uber, Lyft and taxi companies. As independent contractors, drivers pay gas costs themselves.

"When you work as hard as we do, and then you have to drop another 100 bucks a week or more into the gas tank, it hurts," said Steve Gregg of Antioch, who commutes to San Francisco six days a week to drive for Lyft.
Is it really "another $100/wk"? I'm paying about 430/gal (shell nitro only) instead of maybe 390 I've pain for the last year.. Approximately 10% more.

I wonder what car one would have to drive and how many miles per week to spend $1000/wk on gas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.