Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this problem several times and it should be addressed. When picking up a rider at there location the rider that enters my car confirms the name on the account but in fact it is not the actual person that holds the account. Sometimes the account holder would let there family, friends or employee use there
über account. I had some problems with these pickups and drop offs. For instance I pull up to the address location and either the rider is not ready or did not even know that Über is comming for a pickup. Sometimes it can be the other way around where the rider is on time gets into my car but has to wait for the account holder to enter in there destination. Sometimes I get to the destination to drop off a rider and the account holder would change there location for drop off. A few times I got stuck with intoxicated riders or having to drive complete ******** around that have no idea on how über works making it difficult for us drivers.
How can Über track these riders if they are not the ones who hold there own account. This breeches the safety for Über drivers because the person who enters your vehicle might possibly be a freakin nut job.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I came across this problem several times and it should be addressed. When picking up a rider at there location the rider that enters my car confirms the name on the account but in fact it is not the actual person that holds the account. Sometimes the account holder would let there family, friends or employee use there
über account. I had some problems with these pickups and drop offs. For instance I pull up to the address location and either the rider is not ready or did not even know that Über is comming for a pickup. Sometimes it can be the other way around where the rider is on time gets into my car but has to wait for the account holder to enter in there destination. Sometimes I get to the destination to drop off a rider and the account holder would change there location for drop off. A few times I got stuck with intoxicated riders or having to drive complete ******** around that have no idea on how über works making it difficult for us drivers.
How can Über track these riders if they are not the ones who hold there own account. This breeches the safety for Über drivers because the person who enters your vehicle might possibly be a freakin nut job.
Depending on
the circumstances I would usually deny those non-account holder ride requests.

1. Technically no insurance is in effect for the ride.
2. I've heard stories where the account holder said they were never in the car and Uber credits them back and docks the driver.
3. Fill in the blank
4. Fill in the blank
5. Fill in the blank

Now, if they were nice about it and I sensed they weren't troublemakers, drunks or scammers, I might do it. (i.e. John walks his date to the car, identifies himself as the ride requestor, introduces me to Jane and tells me where she's going....kinda the "right" way and makes me feel like I'm doing him a favor - which I am).

An Ashleigh just non-chalantly jumping in my car without a word spoken when the ride was requested by a Zachary was a big no-no for me.

Tell them no then "ghost ride" them at least a mile for your time, expense and trouble.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Uber encourages people to request rides for someone else, even if they aren't with that person. Or even in the same state...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I get "mystery" riders quite a bit -- haven't had any problems to the extent that you've had. I have babysitters that the parents of the kids that are being watched are picking up or dropping off with uber to watch their kids all the time. Sorta takes the fun out of Daddy taking the babysitter home though! LOL... IF the rider has no idea where they are going -- give them x minutes, and kick them out! No reason you have to wait for the absent account owner to enter it. The RIDER should know where they are going. Always start your trip as soon as they are in your car... cancel and press the eject button if they don't know where they are going. This is the position I take with drunk riders if they don't know where they are going. During the day, if someone wants to guide me turn by turn -- I have no problems with that. Drunk/Busy evenings -- I need them to tell me where to take them before I start driving.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I get "mystery" riders quite a bit -- haven't had any problems to the extent that you've had. I have babysitters that the parents of the kids that are being watched are picking up or dropping off with uber to watch their kids all the time. Sorta takes the fun out of Daddy taking the babysitter home though! LOL... IF the rider has no idea where they are going -- give them x minutes, and kick them out! No reason you have to wait for the absent account owner to enter it. The RIDER should know where they are going. Always start your trip as soon as they are in your car... cancel and press the eject button if they don't know where they are going. This is the position I take with drunk riders if they don't know where they are going. During the day, if someone wants to guide me turn by turn -- I have no problems with that. Drunk/Busy evenings -- I need them to tell me where to take them before I start driving.
i learned long ago driving a cab that those giving turn by turn will turn by turn you into being a drug mule. be careful. get destination upfront. if they say, "it's kinda near the piggly wiggly (on the edge of the hood)" you'll know something's up. kick em the **** out.

Reactions: Adieu and Oh My
1 - 5 of 5 Posts