Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend Uber Chicago offered an incentive, as they have done every weekend recently.
This weekend if you completed 25 rides between Friday morning and the end of the pay period Sunday you got a bonus of $30.00. In past weeks the requirement was 20 rides, with the bonus ranging from $25.00 to $30.00. I've qualified for the past several, and it makes a nice difference in the pay.
I entered Sunday with 12 completed rides under my belt. I worked all day, and while most of my fares were only in the three dollar to six dollar range, the short trips helped me to get the required number of rides. I finished my shift Sunday with exactly 25 rides starting Friday. I took a screen capture showing I'd made it.
Today I received my pay statement and there's no bonus. I've written Uber's "support" team twice, and have received no reply. I did find a statement on their website saying that my account has been "flagged for suspicious activity" and that I didn't qualify for the bonus.
Has anybody else experienced this? On top of all the despicable things Uber does can we now add wage theft to the list?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
This past weekend Uber Chicago offered an incentive, as they have done every weekend recently.
This weekend if you completed 25 rides between Friday morning and the end of the pay period Sunday you got a bonus of $30.00. In past weeks the requirement was 20 rides, with the bonus ranging from $25.00 to $30.00. I've qualified for the past several, and it makes a nice difference in the pay.
I entered Sunday with 12 completed rides under my belt. I worked all day, and while most of my fares were only in the three dollar to six dollar range, the short trips helped me to get the required number of rides. I finished my shift Sunday with exactly 25 rides starting Friday. I took a screen capture showing I'd made it.
Today I received my pay statement and there's no bonus. I've written Uber's "support" team twice, and have received no reply. I did find a statement on their website saying that my account has been "flagged for suspicious activity" and that I didn't qualify for the bonus.
Has anybody else experienced this? On top of all the despicable things Uber does can we now add wage theft to the list?
Pay statement are not officially done till Tuesday any bonus/incentive/hourly guarantees will not be added until then. If you don't have it on there when you get your email pay statement then there is a problem. I don't know about the "flagged for suspicious activity" that hopefully someone else can help you with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my e-mail pay statement a little while ago (Monday evening here.) That's what led me to the web page with the "flagged for suspicious activity" and "you are not eligible for the incentive." Still waiting for a response. At least I haven't received the typical cut and paste and tortured English response. Not yet, that is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: Today, three days after beginning my inquiry, I finally heard from Uber. Or rather, I heard from one of their offshore drones who I've no doubt is being exploited even worse than the drivers are. Supposedly my "suspicious activity" was an unusually high rate of cancellations.
Here's the thing: On Sunday, when I was working to complete 13 rides to qualify for the bonus, I had an extraordinary number of RIDERS cancel on ME after I had accepted their trip request. This is documented in my Trip History. I thought it was odd at the time, and eventually began to wonder if it wasn't a problem with Uber's glitchy, buggy app. I've been doing this for over a year, and generally it has seemed to me that rider cancellations generally occur several minutes after the trip request has been made (but usually before five minutes have expired,) and most often occur during times of high surge, which I take to "buyer's remorse" when the rider realizes he can take a cab for less money than the Uber surge price. But on Sunday these cancellations came within less than a minute after I accepted the ride request. I did not cancel ANYONE.
I am dealing with a head cold now, but tomorrow, if I feel up to it, I'm going to slog my ass down to their so-called driver's center and see if I can achieve any satisfaction there. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
244 Posts
UPDATE: Today, three days after beginning my inquiry, I finally heard from Uber. Or rather, I heard from one of their offshore drones who I've no doubt is being exploited even worse than the drivers are. Supposedly my "suspicious activity" was an unusually high rate of cancellations.
Here's the thing: On Sunday, when I was working to complete 13 rides to qualify for the bonus, I had an extraordinary number of RIDERS cancel on ME after I had accepted their trip request. This is documented in my Trip History. I thought it was odd at the time, and eventually began to wonder if it wasn't a problem with Uber's glitchy, buggy app. I've been doing this for over a year, and generally it has seemed to me that rider cancellations generally occur several minutes after the trip request has been made (but usually before five minutes have expired,) and most often occur during times of high surge, which I take to "buyer's remorse" when the rider realizes he can take a cab for less money than the Uber surge price. But on Sunday these cancellations came within less than a minute after I accepted the ride request. I did not cancel ANYONE.
I am dealing with a head cold now, but tomorrow, if I feel up to it, I'm going to slog my ass down to their so-called driver's center and see if I can achieve any satisfaction there. I'll keep you posted.
Instant cancels are the new "upgrade to a closer pax" feature giving your pax to another driver.

They just turned this on in our market. It's been happening to me also.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ahhh yes. I read about that in a blurb on the app. Wasn't sure how it was going to work. I wondered if people summoning a ride were going to believe a driver was on his way only to find their request cancelled. But you say that they are handed off to another driver, which makes sense. It was a pain in the arse for me though. You do a u-turn, change lanes, etc., to go pick up the rider only to get the cancellation notice.
Instead of saying "Rider Cancelled" it should say "We gave your ride to another driver."
But as far as my issue goes, these cancellations shouldn't be cause for Uber to deny me my bonus.
Another possibility is that frequently these past weeks, upon completing a ride, I get the nasty little pop up telling me that I declined a ride request sent while I was on a run. 50% of the time I didn't even see a request come in. Now, maybe the app malfunctioned, or maybe it worked perfectly but I didn't see the request pop up because...oh I don't know.... I was DRIVING?!? I was watching the road? I was looking out for the other drivers? I was watching out for pedestrians? I was trying not to injure or kill anyone, or harm my passenger ? Could that be it?
How does Uber expect an incentive program to work if the drivers eventually learn that Uber will look for every possible excuse to deny them the reward for their extra work? That is a dis-incentive.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Uber's goal on incentives is not to pay out, but rather to flood the streets with cars so that wait times are a minute or less. Chasing their incentives makes about as much sense as chasing surge. Uber will almost always find or create a loophole to not pay out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uber's goal on incentives is not to pay out, but rather to flood the streets with cars so that wait times are a minute or less. Chasing their incentives makes about as much sense as chasing surge. Uber will almost always find or create a loophole to not pay out.
What a stupid, short term goal. Do they think I, or any other "partner" will continue to put in the extra time and effort to meet their incentive, after getting screwed out of our promised bonus for completing the terms of the incentive? Another reason why they continue to try to lure new drivers. Just when I think they can't get any more evil....

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
What a stupid, short term goal. Do they think I, or any other "partner" will continue to put in the extra time and effort to meet their incentive, after getting screwed out of our promised bonus for completing the terms of the incentive? Another reason why they continue to try to lure new drivers. Just when I think they can't get any more evil....
Drivers are a totally disposable commodity to them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Drivers are a totally disposable commodity to them.
+1

Travis only has to keep then pyramid scheme of bringing in new drivers at a greater number than we quit until the self driving cars are here in a few years.

It doesn't matter that he will eventually run out of willing drivers, because the plan is to replace us all anyway and tout it as a feature!

No more stinky drivers!! No more creeps or sexual harassment!! Nobody to care about getting screwed on pool!! Nobody taking a cut of uber'S money!!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
They're also not taking into consideration the cost of operation that the drivers pay now. Once they have their autonomous vehicles (10 years minimum for full implementation), their rates will be 4 to 5 times higher than now, and pax will pay it because taxis will be all but extinct.

disclosure * There won't be an Uber in 5 years if they continue to lose $2 Billion per year.

·
Premium Member
64,441 Posts
Suspicious because you made bonus ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
They're also not taking into consideration the cost of operation that the drivers pay now. Once they have their autonomous vehicles (10 years minimum for full implementation), their rates will be 4 to 5 times higher than now, and pax will pay it because taxis will be all but extinct.

disclosure * There won't be an Uber in 5 years if they continue to lose $2 Billion per year.
I don't think that's the grand plan. We will still own the cars, uber will drive them around for us and we will get a cut of the money.

There will always be schmucks. Travis would never take on a financial burden he can get someone else to do for the promise of money.

"Let your car drive for uber while you're at work! And while you're asleep! Actually let us use it 24/7 and we will pick up up and drop you off wherever you want in an uber with a 15% discount!!"**

**restrictions apply. Owner assumes all liability. Vehicle maintenance will be deducted from your earnings. Uber takes a 50% commission on each fare.

·
Premium Member
64,441 Posts
Either Uber shenanigans,or the " Ants" gave taken up dirty games.
Either way,the System is not Legit.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts